`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
86 fleer jordan sticker rp?

86 fleer jordan sticker rp?
I have two copies of the 86 fleer michael jordan sticker card. One is graded a 7 by PSA, and the other was bought ungraded from a collector show. When I look at the two cards side by side the authentic one looks a little brighter in the front and has a brighter background in the back. Do people really fake this card like the 86 rookie card because I am debating on sending it into BGS.

RE: 86 fleer jordan sticker rp?
People will create fake cards for any card that has decent value, especially high graded value. That Fleer sticker of Jordan has seen some pretty big numbers in terms of high graded value. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were fakes being made.
A lot of fakes are easily distinguishable with a small magnifier like a jewelers loop. Just carefully look at how the images and words look printed on each card to see if the printing process looks different. In the case of the sticker card, look carefully at the edges where the sticker would be peeled to see if they appear to be cut the same way.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Stickers always intrigue me because of how many people just stick them on something, like I did as a child in the 1970s. How many are left? It's tough to tell.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

yeah, my dresser was covered in stickers...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

post a scan if possible. People will reproduce ANYTHING that will sell.

Usually counterfeits will be darker and less clear, sometimes foggy or pixelated.

I'd send it in to be graded just to be safe.

(07-28-2016, 06:30 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: yeah, my dresser was covered in stickers...
Mine too!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I added a couple scans of the card. I'm hoping it's real because Jordan memorabilia is going for top dollar right now.

Attached Files
.pdf   jordan sticker.pdf (Size: 132.57 KB / Downloads: 80)
.pdf   jordan sticker_0001.pdf (Size: 162.56 KB / Downloads: 64)

There is a fake out there for the sticker and it's fairly easy to tell because it isn't a sticker. I saw a few of them in hand early this year.