`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every so often...

Every so often...
Every so often I go back through some of my cards and look for surprises, either cards I forgot I had or sometimes just checking bv. I checked my 2015 Topps Chrome sp rc's and lo and behold the Correa now books for $100. Needless to say I was thrilled. I think the last time I checked it was around $60.

RE: Every so often...
Yeah, love when that happens. I have 2 of the Correas from 2015 Topps Chrome and its nice to see some of my cards going up for once. Also, I was going through a monster box of early 2000 cards yesterday and found a 2004 SP Prospects Hunter Pence auto. Nothing earth shattering but something I didn't know I had.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(07-18-2016, 02:44 PM)mjmj1966 Wrote: Yeah, love when that happens. I have 2 of the Correas from 2015 Topps Chrome and its nice to see some of my cards going up for once. Also, I was going through a monster box of early 2000 cards yesterday and found a 2004 SP Prospects Hunter Pence auto. Nothing earth shattering but something I didn't know I had.
Yeah it's fun. I might have to think about getting that Correa graded now.

I had the same thing happen with a bunch of 2011 Topps Update, and the Mike Trout rookie in it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-18-2016, 03:40 PM)djohn Wrote: I had the same thing happen with a bunch of 2011 Topps Update, and the Mike Trout rookie in it.
Nice!!

(07-18-2016, 02:01 PM)cspen Wrote: Every so often I go back through some of my cards and look for surprises, either cards I forgot I had or sometimes just checking bv. I checked my 2015 Topps Chrome sp rc's and lo and behold the Correa now books for $100. Needless to say I was thrilled. I think the last time I checked it was around $60.
Cool! I have that same Correa card, but my biggest surprise was when I had someone interested in the Bowman Chrome Willson Contreras Blue Auto when it was priced at $150. I was so disappointed it did not sell until the next month when the value soared to $250!!

Always great when that happens.

Having been a huge collector of late 80's and early 90's cards, I always end up having the opposite experience haha.

(07-19-2016, 04:27 AM)Nintari Wrote: Having been a huge collector of late 80's and early 90's cards, I always end up having the opposite experience haha.
+1 - I sold all mine at a garage sale for like $10 to a dad who wanted his to get his son some cards. There were several thousand cards.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(07-19-2016, 04:27 AM)Nintari Wrote: Having been a huge collector of late 80's and early 90's cards, I always end up having the opposite experience haha.
Been there, done that! In 1995 when Frank Thomas was hitting like crazy, I found a $60 insert in a pack of Ultra and took it to a LCS. The shop owner gave me $25 store credit (which seemed low at the time) but within 6 months that card he still had dropped to $8! I actually quit shopping there because I thought he would hold a grudge.