`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard of this card?

Has anyone heard of this card?
I have a 1993 Fleer Ultra Baseball #206, George Brett, with an apparently unique error: George Brett's name was not printed on the front side of this card. If you are familiar with this series, each player's name should be printed in gold lettering on a colored banner on the lower portion of the card. In this case, the banner is present, but the name lettering was never applied.

I have searched the internet for a long time, and have taken the card to some local card stores, but I have not been able to come up with any indication of the existence of another copy of this error.

I am not so much interested in its value, but its rarity. If anyone has information on another of these cards in circulation, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

RE: Has anyone heard of this card?
There may not be a ton of them out there, but this sounds like missing foil from a mistake at the factory. Usually these won't command a premium unless you are dealing with a Brett/Royals collector who really wants it. Someone here may give you a little something for it in trade to add something different to their collection.
Beckett does not recognize these as variations or errors, except for some reason the case of 2015 Topps Update in which they recognize some as "no Topps logo" variations - even though these have already been dismissed by the Topps Company themselves acknowledging they are just a factory misprint.

(07-13-2016, 11:39 AM)evolb909 Wrote: There may not be a ton of them out there, but this sounds like missing foil from a mistake at the factory. Usually these won't command a premium unless you are dealing with a Brett/Royals collector who really wants it. Someone here may give you a little something for it in trade to add something different to their collection.
Beckett does not recognize these as variations or errors, except for some reason the case of 2015 Topps Update in which they recognize some as "no Topps logo" variations - even though these have already been dismissed by the Topps Company themselves acknowledging they are just a factory misprint.
I am sure you are correct about the foil error. I have certainly heard of no name cards, but I just haven't been able to find any record of this particular card, while some others seem to be more common, i.e. Frank Thomas rookie card.

I have no interest in selling/trading the card, so its value is not an issue for me. Its apparent uniqueness, and my lunacy for the Royals, makes it one of my favorite cards. Thanks again. I appreciate your response.

Missing foil it just a printing mistake. If the mistake happened to the same card repeatedly then it would be categorized as an error. However when the mistake happens randomly across all cards it is just a printing flaw and not a classified error card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

^ No problem... Sounds like the card is already right where it belongs, stick it in a top-loader!