`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New stuff catch up ... And a lesson learned.

New stuff catch up ... And a lesson learned.
Been having memory issues with the iPad. Limited memory being eaten up by constantly downloading more medical texts that I need for school.

Lesson learned .... When buying apple products get the highest memory storage they offer! Off site storage is good, but you can't access a 200MB book if you only have 20MB of RAM. Sad

And functionality when accessing a website is severely hampered.

Anyway, with decreased function, also came with decreased eBay purchases. So my collecting habits have decreased as well. Nothing exciting coming out in retail, so really nothing much to report.

Was at South Florida's SuperCon last weekend. My daughter was selling tee-shirts she designed and printed. While there, I was hoping to get guests, Bill Shatner and Henry Winkler, to sign a guitar for my collection, but I failed to get either Sad
The Marlins were there promoting some of their events and managed to get a mini haul of free stuff, which was pretty cool.

[Image: 86E10226-AC61-4B60-8FF6-9D688416F7D4_zpsftipvnse.jpg]

A Jose Fernandez headshot, a Stanton poster for Zombie night, a Moises Alou bobble head, and a very large Christian Yelich Topps Card.

Now if I can only get some of those signed ....
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: New stuff catch up ... And a lesson learned.
iCloud is cheap memory. I use it for everything personal, work-related, and school-related. For about $12/year I use 10% of the memory. And it's guaranteed. I wish Beckett with that cheap and reliable.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-10-2016, 09:54 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Lesson learned .... When buying apple products get the highest memory storage they offer! Off site storage is good, but you can't access a 200MB book if you only have 20MB of RAM. Sad
Not to take this too OT, but a couple of more good reasons to get as much memory as possible with an ipad is that not only can you not add more, unlike desktops and laptops, but iPads last a long time! We're learning that lesson now; we have a 1st gen that is still going strong. I'm saving up for the max memory on a new iPad Air, now that I know I could theoretically have it a while.

Also, sweet poster! Good luck getting that signed!

(07-10-2016, 03:30 PM)jonathani Wrote: iCloud is cheap memory. I use it for everything personal, work-related, and school-related. For about $12/year I use 10% of the memory. And it's guaranteed. I wish Beckett with that cheap and reliable.
My problem with that ... Old iPad with outdated IOS .... unable to update, unable to get the iCloud app
I need a new one!
(07-11-2016, 01:21 PM)gotopes Wrote: Not to take this too OT, but a couple of more good reasons to get as much memory as possible with an ipad is that not only can you not add more, unlike desktops and laptops, but iPads last a long time! We're learning that lesson now; we have a 1st gen that is still going strong. I'm saving up for the max memory on a new iPad Air, now that I know I could theoretically have it a while.

Also, sweet poster! Good luck getting that signed!
Thanks! The poster would look even better if signed! Smile

I think I'll be saving up for the new iPad air, too. ... With the most memory available.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.