`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
trading is dead?

RE: trading is dead?
Frenchie is a great trader!! No issues 9.9 out of 10 times (and when there are, it's simply a cancelled trade or a resend of the original deal).
(07-25-2016, 02:18 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Trading is alive and well, I just received a nice PC item from the OP today.

Thanks Frenchie!!!
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(07-21-2016, 03:53 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: oh youre one of those ebay pricing traders? I bought a derrick morgan 1/1 rookies and stars auto in 2010 for $75.. wanna trade me something for $75 value? id guess not. The amount of shillers and "fake" accounts to boost sales.. give me a break.
To each their own on BV versus sale value. Both systems have their flaws. I get paid in dollars that I can use to trade for cards so I use SV to determine what a piece of cardboard is worth to me.

To the original point about trading, when people have different philosophies on valuations its going to complicate things and bring down the trading landscape
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(07-25-2016, 09:28 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: To each their own on BV versus sale value. Both systems have their flaws. I get paid in dollars that I can use to trade for cards so I use SV to determine what a piece of cardboard is worth to me.

To the original point about trading, when people have different philosophies on valuations its going to complicate things and bring down the trading landscape
It depends what it is.

Wrong sport, but a good example of the discrepancy would be this past basketball season, when raw copies of Steph Curry's base Topps RC - no short print, no numbering, no auto, no jersey, etc. - were going for like $250-300, primarily to overseas buyers.

The book value on that wasn't even close, so trying to figure out a fair trade value would be very difficult.