`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
eTopps discount

eTopps discount
I received emails from Topps on July 1st and the 6th regarding a special offer from eTopps. It's valid for the month of July.

1. Request delivery on 1-149 specific items in your portfolio, receive 25% off:
****$6.75 for the first card (USPS), plus 25% off each additional card.

2. Request delivery on 150 or more specific items in your portfolio, receive 40% off
****$6.75 for the first card (USPS), plus 40% off each additional card.

3. Request delivery on your full portfolio of more than 500 items, receive 50% off:
****$6.75 for the first card (USPS), plus 50% for each additional card.

There's other pricing for UPS Group and UPS Overnight but they are obnoxiously expensive.

Some of the notes they specify are shipping discount will be refunded once the order ships. To me this means we pay the full amount now, they rebate back on shipment.

No adjustments on prior shipping fees. Probably not a big deal, can't imagine lots of people are taking deliveries if they are offering a discount now.

Given each additional card is $1.60, I'd be saving 40 cents a card, or $3.60 cents. My 10 card order would drop from $21.15 to $17.55. Not exactly an incentive for me to do something about it. Now if that total dropped to say $10, I'd spring for it. Otherwise Topps can keep holding onto my property for free. Not exactly dying to grab my 2002 Antonio Bryant, Javon Walker, and Rohan Davey cards among other such illustrious players.

RE: eTopps discount
Thanks for the heads up!

I received the same email but alas, I have already received all my cards.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I still have 100s of worthless cards that were purchased at full price in my portfolio. Bad decision on my part in the early 2000s.

Those shipping prices and "discounts" are still too high.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

You don't want your Rohan Davey card?! He's a 2x SB champ! Tongue

I have several thousand of cards in my eTopps portfolio. I would love to get them in hand, but I am not going to spend over $1,000 to have them shipped to me. It seems the longer I wait the better the shipping deals get. My guess is they are trying to slowly bleed off as much as they can, before they are forced to ship at actual shipping cost.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-08-2016, 02:46 PM)djohn Wrote: I have several thousand of cards in my eTopps portfolio.
When I got the email I thought of how this really isn't a discount for you in any sense of the term. Even 50% is still an obnoxious price. I think you are right in that we'll get these eventually at a reasonable price. I figure once the 10 I have drops under $10 to ship, I'll spring for it. Otherwise they can keep my cards in a nice safe place for me. Ol' Rohan Davey isn't going anywhere Smile

I havent gone on etopps in forever!!! Apparently I have a Jason Taylor and a Zach Thomas in my portfolio however I already have both in hand so I guess they will just sit there.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341