`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(UPDATE) Did I miss something? (? about the latest Beckett Baseball magazine)

RE: (UPDATE) Did I miss something? (? about the latest Beckett Baseball magazine)
There should be an entirely separate price guide for cards showing pre-MLB players, then there'd be plenty of room.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

RE: (UPDATE) Did I miss something? (? about the latest Beckett Baseball magazine)
It's too bad this is happening but it isn't a surprise. Like others have said, the cost if print is going up so they need to contain costs. If cards from before 1980 rarely change in price, not much point in reprinting the same thing each month. A yearly book would be sufficient and allow for more listings/descriptions.

When Beckett first started printing, there wasn't nearly as many sets out there and didn't expand a ton year over year. It makes more sense to me to have a monthly mag with frequent updates to it given the sheer volume of product releases.

Having said all that, prices need to better reflect the market with fixes made to errors and missing checklist items. Their core service needs to be as accurate as possible. Without accuracy and real pricing, it doesn't matter how much they add or remove from the monthly mag.

Sad to see the old pricing go even if the prices didn't change. If there was a digital sports card magazine with all the pricing and priced lower than a print subscription, I would buy it.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

They did this several months ago and because of the outcry they put the old years back, now they have tried it again. Honestly, since I'm on the website for baseball and football price guides, I don't mind much. But I will tell you where it helps to have print... the online price guides are not mobile friendly. So, if you are at a show or a local card shop, it takes a lot of pinching to resize and trying to click the links on a phone. The printed magazine was so much easier for that.
Thanks,
- Steve