`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Juan Gonzalez Holy Grail type pick-up

Another Juan Gonzalez Holy Grail type pick-up
1990 Donruss Aqueous test issue Juan Gonzalez. I've been looking for one of these for about 3 years, and I always just seem to miss them on ebay. PWCC had card PSA 8, and I had a feeling it was gonna cost me. It did. I probably over payed (And according to the Beckett Value, I did), but I just never see them pop up. I won the auction today, so I guess I bought myself a nice little gift:

[Image: IMG_20160619_193306.jpg]
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

RE: Another Juan Gonzalez Holy Grail type pick-up
Nice pick up. How does one tell if they are an aqueous test card? Is the back different?
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(06-20-2016, 06:18 AM)crossada Wrote: Nice pick up. How does one tell if they are an aqueous test card? Is the back different?
It has "Aqueous Test" printed diagonally across the back of the card.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(06-20-2016, 10:49 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: It has "Aqueous Test" printed diagonally across the back of the card.
exactly!!! Check the back its printed in black bold letters across the back!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Wow, congratulations.

(06-20-2016, 06:18 AM)crossada Wrote: Nice pick up. How does one tell if they are an aqueous test card? Is the back different?
(06-20-2016, 10:49 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: It has "Aqueous Test" printed diagonally across the back of the card.
(06-20-2016, 02:32 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: exactly!!! Check the back its printed in black bold letters across the back!!!
I don't have it in hand, but the only difference I can see is on the back. I have no clue how many where printed, some seem more plentiful than others.
(06-20-2016, 05:54 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Wow, congratulations.
Thank you!! I need to locate a few more hard card's, The Ted Williams Card Co. Auto's are now on the top of my list. I have never even seen any of those.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

Nice pick up but you have to remember, if there aren't any recent sales Beckett can't alter their pricing. Some cards are super sought after and if found, people will pay dearly for but Beckett has no way of adjusting pricing off of what was last available to them.

For those wondering the difference is in the backs, as shown here.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Fortunately its not a card I have to chase of Galarraga, doesnt seem to have been made by donruss. I hard card less to go after lol

(06-21-2016, 07:31 AM)djohn Wrote: For those wondering the difference is in the backs, as shown here.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

1990 Donruss is the first cards I started collecting so I hold a soft spot for them still. The David Justice RC was my favorite from the set.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling