`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anxiousness about collection

RE: Anxiousness about collection
Everything is contained within a corner of the basement/rec room. Everything is in boxes except this years stuff I'm deciding to keep or get rid off. My problem is I don't like messing the boxes up with writing so I only have a vague idea of where everything is......man I miss my garage, I use to just throw it all in there.....LOL.

Like Johnathani said "Don't let this cause you stress. Nothing good comes of an anxious collector."
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Bought a monster box and have everything in there now, so it is all consolidated. Categories ..

- Graded non Philly Phillies or A's
- 2000 USA Baseball Olympic Gold Medal Autos (just need Brad Wilkerson)
- Relics / Game Used
- Autographs
- Presidential Collection (Topps presidential relic cards, seat backs, etc.)
- Alex Rodriguez (relic, base, auto)
- Jim Thome (relic, base, auto)
- Richie Ashburn (relic, base, auto)
- Phillies (relic, auto, special interests)
- World Baseball Classic relics

This leaves me with my 1996 Mantle reprint set on the wall, my 2006 USA WBC Auto set on the wall, a couple dozen graded Phillies and A's on the wall, and the T206 relics on the wall.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Did you only have to buy 1 or multiple monster boxes to "put away" your stuff? If it was only 1, then you are way ahead of most as far as organization!!!!! Either way, it is a good feeling to have some peace of mind when it comes to sorting things out and then actually accomplishing that. I'm in the process of getting everything organized and like others have posted, it's never-ending!

(06-23-2016, 06:37 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Bought a monster box and have everything in there now, so it is all consolidated. Categories ..

- Graded non Philly Phillies or A's
- 2000 USA Baseball Olympic Gold Medal Autos (just need Brad Wilkerson)
- Relics / Game Used
- Autographs
- Presidential Collection (Topps presidential relic cards, seat backs, etc.)
- Alex Rodriguez (relic, base, auto)
- Jim Thome (relic, base, auto)
- Richie Ashburn (relic, base, auto)
- Phillies (relic, auto, special interests)
- World Baseball Classic relics

This leaves me with my 1996 Mantle reprint set on the wall, my 2006 USA WBC Auto set on the wall, a couple dozen graded Phillies and A's on the wall, and the T206 relics on the wall.

It was just the one with three rows. It's cramped because of the graded slabs and magnetic cases, but it works and the lid goes on snug.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

I wish I could use only one box...pretty sure you all will see me on an episode of Hoarders someday!

On another note about your graded cards, etc....pick up one of those Graded 2 row boxes...they work wonderfully and won't damage the lid. Plus, they are a hair wider so the magnetic cases fit nicely as well. I use them for all of my vintage that are individually placed in semi-rigid holders (because I am anal that way) and I don't have to worry about any damage to the holders.

Happy Collecting!

Mark

(06-23-2016, 09:35 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: It was just the one with three rows. It's cramped because of the graded slabs and magnetic cases, but it works and the lid goes on snug.