Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Total noobs needs advice

Total noobs needs advice
Hello,

I am new to collecting cards and am seeking advice. I want to collect, but I cant afford to buy all 9 of the Panini versions. I apologize for the noobie questions, but thats what I am. I have read some of the similar threads on here and I know the majority say to "collect singles" that you want. Thing is, I do want to collect sets.

Is there a "set of record" or "main set" that Panini makes? If so, which?

What set would you say will produce cards that have the most $ dollar value, short and long term?

Are the sets currently out worth getting, or should I wait for the other sets to be released closer to the fall?

My goal is: I want to collect the complete set or sets, regardless of which ones I get into. Id like to have one set that is the "set of record" and then another set that I can have fun with because it produces the biggest hits. If both of those are accomplished in one set, what set would that be?

Thanks.

RE: Total noobs needs advice
anything national treasures or contenders seems to be most valuable.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

That is a question that can only be answered by knowing the kind of cash you are willing to spend. I usually just collect the base set of the set of cards that I think look the best for the year.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I like the idea of targeting base set. I do understand the challenge of trying to get every version of every card and I surely wont be spending every penny on this.

As to which set to target. Are they all pretty much the same in terms of the amount of players covered and the only difference is appearance?

You can always look on the boxes to determine how many cards are in the set. I generally always picked sets that had around 150-200 in the base set and normally 2-3 boxes would net me the set. And by buying the boxes, I would also get random hits as well.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]