`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Topps First Pitch Cards

RE: Topps First Pitch Cards
(06-27-2016, 04:09 PM)jason32rich Wrote: Hey I would even settle for some broadcaster or grounds crew cards....at least they are on the team's payroll. A Vin Scully card would be pretty cool actually. A cameraman waving to the crowd, a congresswoman and a 100 year old lady however, not so cool.
Yeah, there was an Ernie Harwell card issued a few years back, he was the Tigers' announcer for many, many years. I have it in my Tigers PC.

Speaking of First Pitch cards, does anyone have the Jim Harbaugh card from this year's Series 2? I'd like to add it to my Michigan PC.

(06-27-2016, 04:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, there was an Ernie Harwell card issued a few years back, he was the Tigers' announcer for many, many years. I have it in my Tigers PC.

Speaking of First Pitch cards, does anyone have the Jim Harbaugh card from this year's Series 2? I'd like to add it to my Michigan PC.
Ernie Harwell was definitely a class act. Not too many of those guys still around. That would be a cool card to have autographed if he was still around at that time?
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

(06-27-2016, 04:31 PM)jason32rich Wrote: Ernie Harwell was definitely a class act. Not too many of those guys still around. That would be a cool card to have autographed if he was still around at that time?
Yeah, no doubt. A Vin Scully auto pull out of Archives would be huge.

[Image: Ernie-Harwell.jpg?id=c722adc1-983b-4c9d-...iggerthumb] [Image: Ernie-Harwell.jpg?id=f8cbe976-11b0-4f43-...iggerthumb]

These the ones you thining of rjcj2017? 2003 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites, 1989/90 Pacific Legends.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(06-27-2016, 04:31 PM)jason32rich Wrote: Ernie Harwell was definitely a class act. Not too many of those guys still around. That would be a cool card to have autographed if he was still around at that time?
TTM.

My Ernie Harwell Gallery page:

http://www.zeprock.com/HarwellGallery.html

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

That is awesome!!!

I agree. Same with Vin Scully, I'd love to have autographs of Vin and Harwell. I'm still looking for a Bob Shephard auto from one of the All-Time Fan Favorites sets.

I just rememberd, I do have Ernie Harwell's auto I got thru the mail. I'll have to find it, scan it and post it.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I got Ernie's auto on a ball, but it is so faded now it can barely be seen. "And a young man from (insert name of town within the vicinity of whatever ballpark he was in) got himself a souvenir with that foul catch."
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!