`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Cards Under 5 Bucks

Best Cards Under 5 Bucks
I love it when I come across a card that has some significance and is almost given away. So I thought we could come up with a list of cards that may be remembered throughout history and can be purchased for under 5 bucks. I'll start the list.

This is the player's only first year card. He's a hall of famer and this card has a lower print run than many cards of the same year since it wasn't available in packs

- the '86 Sportflics Rookies Barry Larkin

Update: These are 2 others that come to mind.

- 1990 Classic Green Pedro Martinez - He's in the Hall and its his first MLB card.

- 1990 Class Yellow Chipper Jones - His first MLB card.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: Best Cards Under 5 Bucks
There are quite a few great cards that can be purchased for under $5. In fact I was amazed a few weeks ago when I was able to pick up a Sammy Sosa 1990 Leaf card for only $0.25, and I picked up another one that was in a magnetic case for only $1 from the same shop. The card certainly doesn't have the value it once did, as I checked some old Becketts and saw it was a $80 card at one point, however it still brings me great memories when I see the card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-12-2016, 04:01 PM)djohn Wrote: There are quite a few great cards that can be purchased for under $5. In fact I was amazed a few weeks ago when I was able to pick up a Sammy Sosa 1990 Leaf card for only $0.25, and I picked up another one that was in a magnetic case for only $1 from the same shop. The card certainly doesn't have the value it once did, as I checked some old Becketts and saw it was a $80 card at one point, however it still brings me great memories when I see the card.
That Sosa was a steal. I remember when that card shot up in '98. It started catching attention after he hit about 20 hrs in June. I had one in my common box. That was a fun Summer to collect.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(06-12-2016, 04:01 PM)djohn Wrote: There are quite a few great cards that can be purchased for under $5. In fact I was amazed a few weeks ago when I was able to pick up a Sammy Sosa 1990 Leaf card for only $0.25, and I picked up another one that was in a magnetic case for only $1 from the same shop. The card certainly doesn't have the value it once did, as I checked some old Becketts and saw it was a $80 card at one point, however it still brings me great memories when I see the card.
I traded an Alex Rodriguez Foil Rookie for the Sosa Leaf in '98 - Still have it.