`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Topps variation?!?

RE: Another Topps variation?!?
(06-05-2016, 06:08 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Creative enough for me when you can sell em for $100+ LOL. That was during the 2011 "Diamond hysteria". One year = cool.......multiple years = played out.
Fair enough. The sparkles are just too hard for me to notice. I did like the Diamond Anniversaries though. Awesome sets.

(06-05-2016, 06:08 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Creative enough for me when you can sell em for $100+ LOL. That was during the 2011 "Diamond hysteria". One year = cool.......multiple years = played out.
Totally agree. As a one off, it would have been kinda cool. But doing it over and over, year after year, that's just boring.

Cheers,

There was a Domonic Brown card back in 2011 i think that had a sparkly helmet but it was from the sun shining on it and not really a topps sparkle. They would try to sell it as a sparkle card on ebay!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(06-08-2016, 02:08 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: There was a Domonic Brown card back in 2011 i think that had a sparkly helmet but it was from the sun shining on it and not really a topps sparkle. They would try to sell it as a sparkle card on ebay!
I feel sorry for the poor souls who didn't know better. Many a time I let the sellers know their description was wrong.....just to break 'em a little.........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

2011 Topps was the best Topps set ever issued. IMO

It was the set that got me back into cards. There are many great rookies in that set. The sparkle variations were awesome to search for. The legends variations were great. All the diamond/cognac/hope variations were great. The autos and relics were perfect and the anniversary autos and relics were good.