`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Archives Target blasters

2016 Archives Target blasters
Just got 2 boxes ... Nothing overly impressive ... Of course, I like the retro look

Andy Benes /50 auto
[Image: 48BA8C7B-D96D-4034-A08E-AB191562DAB8_zpsnsmze0rs.jpg]

[Image: 44E7B101-DB1D-4D70-802A-EFDB241E0D25_zpsbz6ljdhk.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2016 Archives Target blasters
Nice looking cards. The Benes should have been in Cardinals uni though Undecided

I love those "Mother's Cookies" looking cards ... remember when they used to give those out at the games? I have a McGwire from back in the day, it's one of my favorites.

My favorite card in the bunch is Whitey. You scored a lot of PC there, Doc.

I also bought a 2016 archives blaster box at target. I wasn't going to top the Correa Red Ink Auto I pulled from a 2016 Heritage Box, but I came away happy. I pulled a Strausburg 2009 draft pick card, a Greg Bird Blue Border 156/199 RC, and a Rollie Fingers Archives Fan Favorite Autograph Card. Big Grin plus Bryce Harper and Sonny Gray 69 Super Cards.....not bad

at least you got a hit, i bought 1 blaster because i happened to see them and i got jack squat in mine...literally just base stuff and the one bull durham card (same you got)

I'm always amazed how flimsy archives feels

I love the Whitey Ford. It's a different view and a low angle picture. Love it.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(06-02-2016, 09:43 AM)slufan83 Wrote: Nice looking cards. The Benes should have been in Cardinals uni though Undecided
True, Benes in a Cards uni would be better for everyone!
(06-02-2016, 01:07 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I love those "Mother's Cookies" looking cards ... remember when they used to give those out at the games? I have a McGwire from back in the day, it's one of my favorites.
I never got any of those giveaways. Perhaps it was a regional thing. I don't remember there being a Mother's Cookies company / distribution at any time that I lived in NYC.
These cards are supposedly a replication of the 1969 Super cards ... But regular size instead of Super. ... A mini-super ? Smile
(06-02-2016, 07:09 PM)StevenDad Wrote: I also bought a 2016 archives blaster box at target. I wasn't going to top the Correa Red Ink Auto I pulled from a 2016 Heritage Box, but I came away happy. I pulled a Strausburg 2009 draft pick card, a Greg Bird Blue Border 156/199 RC, and a Rollie Fingers Archives Fan Favorite Autograph Card. Big Grin plus Bryce Harper and Sonny Gray 69 Super Cards.....not bad
Fingers auto trumps a Benes Auto any day of the week! Great hit!
(06-03-2016, 10:19 AM)rentzington Wrote: at least you got a hit, i bought 1 blaster because i happened to see them and i got jack squat in mine...literally just base stuff and the one bull durham card (same you got) I'm always amazed how flimsy archives feels
Agreed, they are on very thin cardboard.
I've been fairly lucky with retail this year. Last season suked real badly, so maybe it's just leveling out for me. Smile

(06-02-2016, 05:04 PM)wordsense Wrote: My favorite card in the bunch is Whitey. You scored a lot of PC there, Doc.
Yeah, lots of Yankees right there!
And just a 'heads up' .... Same with Diamond Kings, BTW .... There are a TON of new and old Yankees in that base set, too.
(06-03-2016, 11:30 PM)bamyanks Wrote: I love the Whitey Ford. It's a different view and a low angle picture. Love it.
I guess they found a new picture to start over utilizing. I'm guessing we'll see that picture in Triple Threads, Museum and Tribute very soon. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Not bad!
I got a blaster and two hanger packs. Nothing much to speak of, but did pull Phil Nevin and Al Kaline SPs from the hangers.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]