`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Finished My 2015 Finest Auto Set

RE: Finally Finished My 2015 Finest Auto Set
Oh I miss that Kris Bryant...but it looks better with your set. Cheers!!!

(05-20-2016, 03:34 PM)once78 Wrote: Oh I miss that Kris Bryant...but it looks better with your set. Cheers!!!
thanks again corey for that trade. that was the biggest addition i was able to make by trading.

What a beautiful set, well done!

But man, that bugs me when these companies short print the autos that everyone wants the most.

I get the whole concept of supply and demand, as well as how much money they have to pay out up front for the bigger names' autos, but it would be great if you had just as good of a chance at a Trout auto as you did the most common name on the list.

I once traded a complete set of 2001 Topps Traded (with Ichiro and Pujols RCs) for a hobby box of 2004 Skybox LE from my local shop.

The reason I did this was that I noticed the "Draft Pick" auto subset only had 13 players ... and they were all numbered the same ... /199 ... and you got one per box.

One of those was Albert Pujols, so I basically figured I would never have better than a 1:13 chance of pulling a Pujols auto.

So I went for it. And my auto was ...

Albert Pujols.

It's still one of my 5 top favorite cards in my collection.

Congratulations. Awesome accomplishment of a great looking set. Thanks for sharing.

Great looking set......congrats!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

You did it! Good stuff buddy, congrats! Looks sweet.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(05-20-2016, 04:18 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: What a beautiful set, well done!

But man, that bugs me when these companies short print the autos that everyone wants the most.

I get the whole concept of supply and demand, as well as how much money they have to pay out up front for the bigger names' autos, but it would be great if you had just as good of a chance at a Trout auto as you did the most common name on the list.

I once traded a complete set of 2001 Topps Traded (with Ichiro and Pujols RCs) for a hobby box of 2004 Skybox LE from my local shop.

The reason I did this was that I noticed the "Draft Pick" auto subset only had 13 players ... and they were all numbered the same ... /199 ... and you got one per box.

One of those was Albert Pujols, so I basically figured I would never have better than a 1:13 chance of pulling a Pujols auto.

So I went for it. And my auto was ...

Albert Pujols.

It's still one of my 5 top favorite cards in my collection.
i hear ya on the short prints . in this set there are 17 sp autos which made it a little more expensive than i wanted it to be . for me to complete i had to sell one of my most prized cards which was a 1958 mickey mantle bvg 7 , but i had to do it .
(05-21-2016, 10:28 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Great looking set......congrats!
thank you sir
(05-22-2016, 11:39 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: You did it! Good stuff buddy, congrats! Looks sweet.
thanks simon . i should of scanned without the one touches as the set would look alot better. sorry i missed trade night , as i had work changes to make

(05-20-2016, 03:58 PM)ounagi Wrote: thanks again corey for that trade. that was the biggest addition i was able to make by trading.
I have had a lot of help with my 2012 Ginter off the board I am happy to help

"A little longer"? By my calendar you did this pretty quickly. Nice work.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.