`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Panini has been quiet on NASCAR Cards....too quiet

Panini has been quiet on NASCAR Cards....too quiet
Anyone think the deal fell through? Haven't heard a single peep since the Convention a few months ago
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

RE: Panini has been quiet on NASCAR Cards....too quiet
Last I heard was that they were waiting on a final contract to get finished and a release would happen around Memorial Day. Nothing for over a month now, so I don't know. I sure would like to hear something SOON from Panini. The longer they wait now, the less people are going to buy cards when they come out. I know of many people who have stopped saving for a new release to go back to filling holes in their PC's. I bought a ton of stuff of my drivers this week, but I'll still buy a box of new cards, IF IT EVER HAPPENS!

(05-12-2016, 09:44 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Last I heard was that they were waiting on a final contract to get finished and a release would happen around Memorial Day. Nothing for over a month now, so I don't know. I sure would like to hear something SOON from Panini. The longer they wait now, the less people are going to buy cards when they come out. I know of many people who have stopped saving for a new release to go back to filling holes in their PC's. I bought a ton of stuff of my drivers this week, but I'll still buy a box of new cards, IF IT EVER HAPPENS!
I agree with you there, the money I saved to buy a few boxes are going towards an actual race car now for next year now

First Win

(05-14-2016, 09:26 AM)Racinghy Wrote: I agree with you there, the money I saved to buy a few boxes are going towards an actual race car now for next year now
That's more racing motivation than I can pursue, but I like your thoughts there. You are still young and have the time to pursue racing a car. I'm sticking with cards though. Closing in on 40 years old and having never driven a race car, I can't really see it as even a hobby now. If my local track (about 7 miles away) wasn't in such turmoil for the past year or two, I might would consider it as my "mid-life crisis". Big Grin I don't think I've ever traveled over 100 MPH in anything and I don't think I'd feel safe driving even 40+ on a 1/2 mile oval, no matter the surface or vehicle. I've never been on a plane/helicopter, but I've piloted go-carts/skateboards/dirt-bikes/bicycles and boats.
I just don't have the daredevil in me that I had as a teenager. When I was 13, I jumped my cousins' 80cc Honda dirt-bike off the top of his Dads' crab-sorting shack into the crab pond behind it. I got in SO MUCH TROUBLE for that, BUT it wasn't b/c of the stunt. I jumped off the bike and dove into the pond. The bike went clean over and landed in a canal on the other side of the pond. Me, my siblings, and cousins used to treat that holding pond as a swimming pool, even knowing there were crabs in there and occasionally snakes and turtles! I wouldn't dare go in that pond today. I haven't been in there for over 25 years now. This was along the western sound-side coast of NC, and looking back I'm glad I wasn't spending my summer's on the Outer Banks near the ocean. Tongue

Haha well I'm deciding if I want to as well since the division I was thinking about running at a local track is full of BS and the officials don't call the rules due to favoritism (Is wearing the guy's shirt by track employees at the track enough proof?) and blahblahblah.....now I'm just making excuses and complaining lol here's what I'd be driving

https://amysracingphotos.smugmug.com/201...-C8RJxNJ/A

(05-15-2016, 02:17 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: That's more racing motivation than I can pursue, but I like your thoughts there. You are still young and have the time to pursue racing a car. I'm sticking with cards though. Closing in on 40 years old and having never driven a race car, I can't really see it as even a hobby now. If my local track (about 7 miles away) wasn't in such turmoil for the past year or two, I might would consider it as my "mid-life crisis". Big Grin I don't think I've ever traveled over 100 MPH in anything and I don't think I'd feel safe driving even 40+ on a 1/2 mile oval, no matter the surface or vehicle. I've never been on a plane/helicopter, but I've piloted go-carts/skateboards/dirt-bikes/bicycles and boats.
I just don't have the daredevil in me that I had as a teenager. When I was 13, I jumped my cousins' 80cc Honda dirt-bike off the top of his Dads' crab-sorting shack into the crab pond behind it. I got in SO MUCH TROUBLE for that, BUT it wasn't b/c of the stunt. I jumped off the bike and dove into the pond. The bike went clean over and landed in a canal on the other side of the pond. Me, my siblings, and cousins used to treat that holding pond as a swimming pool, even knowing there were crabs in there and occasionally snakes and turtles! I wouldn't dare go in that pond today. I haven't been in there for over 25 years now. This was along the western sound-side coast of NC, and looking back I'm glad I wasn't spending my summer's on the Outer Banks near the ocean. Tongue

First Win

Those things look crazy, but I bet they're fun to drive!

I just heard that Panini's contract has been signed. We could see Panini Prism NASCAR as early as July.

Don't know why I do not feel too excited, maybe that will change when there is a set date or I actually see them released.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

According to a local card-store owner, Panini Prizm is due to release in late July! However, Panini has a contract with all dealers about online sales. If you will be buying over the internet, wait 2 weeks after release and you'll save 20%. I can't wait to see the release. Prizm has always been a cool-looking set since Donruss started it and Panini has kept the design along the same lines. I really hope they release a Clear Vision NASCAR release. I really, REALLY hope they don't make TONS of parallels though! They are pretty bad about that now (but so is everyone else who's making cards).

(05-25-2016, 01:12 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I just heard that Panini's contract has been signed. We could see Panini Prism NASCAR as early as July.
WOOOOOO!!!!!! Now when will we see a press release from Panini and/or NASCAR?

First Win