`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Now cards poor quality

Topps Now cards poor quality
I just received my Arrieta & Bryant Topps Now cards and am very disappointed. Not only did the come in flimsy top loaders with no penny sleeves, but they were also all scratched up on the front of the cards! For 9.99 apiece + $8.79 for shipping I expected at least a mint card. Has anyone else bought any Topps now cards & had the same issues?

RE: Topps Now cards poor quality
That sucks sorry to hear. You may get a better response if you post this on the main baseball board as the Vintage board gets very little traffic.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(05-02-2016, 08:23 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: That sucks sorry to hear. You may get a better response if you post this on the main baseball board as the Vintage board gets very little traffic.
My bad, Thanks

Both of mine, the Ellsbury and Gardner, are fine. They were shipped in top loaders, but they look really sharp. If it were me and I had problems like you have, I'd be sending them back if you can get the same cards as replacements, or else I'd ask for refund. I know you want nice cards (as we all do) but my feeling is you'd be better served by yelling at Topps. Doesn't do much good to complain on the forums when it's Topps mistake.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Surprised? When Topps has months to make cards they sometimes get to us in less than great condition. Of course, anyone in the printing business will tell you they're either using shoddy equipment or have poor quality control. What still amazes my friends in the printing business is that Topps can't center every single card. That technology has been available for so very long. Compared to cards, have you ever seen as many magazines, shopping bags, boxes of food, other food labels, owner's manuals, etc. in such condition. Their conspiracy theory is that Topps does it on purpose to up the value of some cards and lower others. I don't agree, myself, but when they print several cards to get one good one and can't even get a 1/1 right it is a little weird.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.