`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUGE Box of Commons

HUGE Box of Commons
Anyone have any advise on the best way to move a large box of commons. I would guess there are about 5,000 in this box. I haven't poured through it, and honestly don't want to. Just looking to move it out to make room for other stuff in the closet.

Should I sell on CraigsList? I don't want to have to deal with shipping this thing.
Would love some advice.

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Check Out My Cards

RE: HUGE Box of Commons
Throw em out in the dumpster just kidding what years are they, are there inserts? Sell them in smaller lots at a flea market, craigslist could work as long as you post it as pickup only.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

The best place would be Craigslist or Facebook (if you can find a Sell/Swap group in your area).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

What years/brands are they? PM me some details please!

Thanks - CraigsList it is.
No idea on the years. This box has been in my closet for years, so nothing recent. Don't care to pour through it to find out. Smile Thanks!
Check Out My Cards

(04-18-2016, 03:29 PM)madhatter74 Wrote: Thanks - CraigsList it is.
No idea on the years. This box has been in my closet for years, so nothing recent. Don't care to pour through it to find out. Smile Thanks!
I would expect that unless you take pictures you are going to get asked the same exact question when posting on Craigslist. You might want to take 30 seconds to quickly glance at the cards to determine if they are commons from the 1950s, 1980s, or 2000s. Since the term "commons" is fairly vague on it's own, adding some kind of year range or ballpark of years definitely helps. You don't need to pour through it to check each and every card, but getting some idea on the year range will help.
If you don't want to take a few moments to check them now, then you might want to prepare yourself for someone to show up for the cards from the CL ad only to walk away without buying them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree with djohn. Take the time to go through them and find out the year and manufacturer. Nobody is going to buy them without that kind of information. Depending on the years and the manufacturer you might have to just donate them to a local hospital/organization. I have almost 35,000 commons from 1986 - 1992 from Topps. I probably couldn't give them away. Just giving you my opinion. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone! I used to donate them to Boston Children's Hospital, but a friend of mine who works there told me that they recently had to dump thousands of card donations into the recycling. They weren't giving them away and needed the space.
Check Out My Cards

I have found a church that will take some of my commons, I also donate to the non profit I work for. Both provide tax deductions.

We will also gladly accept any and all commons and more for the twice a year show I run for my brotherhood (Men's Club). We are in permanent need of more cards, even junk wax commons and while we don't pay for your shipping (usually) we can provide tax sheets for anyone who wishes to donate.

Regards
Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.