`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooperstown

Cooperstown
Anybody planning on, or thinking about going, to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame this year? I have a buddy who bought lodging and is now unable to go, so if you might be interested shoot me a pm.

I am going and as the resident Piazza fanatic I am certain it's going to be a good time!!!

However now that my friend (who was to be my tour guide) is not going, I am, or will be, definitely looking for recommendations, tips, and secrets, etc to catching it all.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

RE: Cooperstown
I grew up near Cooperstown..have been 20 times..my father never missed a hall of fame game when they were played.

Are you on the lake?

Lots of business and waiting during induction week...but you can plan your day..little ones going??

It's just me and my mom. We're staying in Amsterdam.
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

We are also staying in Amsterdam for that weekend and also would be interested in any tips anybody might have. We're coming from Seattle. It'll be the first time on a plane for the three kids.

(04-18-2016, 11:32 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: We are also staying in Amsterdam for that weekend and also would be interested in any tips anybody might have. We're coming from Seattle. It'll be the first time on a plane for the three kids.
We're coming from Idaho! We'll have to chat when it gets closer and maybe combine forces.

Tip #1 - Comfortable shoes and plenty of water.

Every time I go the weather seems to be very hot and sunny, little shade at the ceremony site.

The wife and I have a trip planned for the first weekend in September. Really looking forward to it!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

I live about an hour or so away, I may go. The last time I went for the Induction, it was the year George Brett and Nolan Ryan went in. I actually met Nolan walking down the street on induction day, at about 5 am. I was in town last year, but my company got call in to work on some parking lot light's in the town,probably one of the worst days of work I have ever had, and I've worked at about 200 Walmarts here in NY. Way to many people. A 3 hour job took almost 10.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

(04-18-2016, 10:36 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I grew up near Cooperstown..have been 20 times..my father never missed a hall of fame game when they were played.

Are you on the lake?

Lots of business and waiting during induction week...but you can plan your day..little ones going??
thats awesome!! Ive only been there once!!! I guess its a lot considering im down here in venezuela....... I remembered i stayed very close to the lake and walked up to the museum, had a great time there!! The shops there are expensive arent they, or was it just me???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(04-23-2016, 05:32 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: thats awesome!! Ive only been there once!!! I guess its a lot considering im down here in venezuela....... I remembered i stayed very close to the lake and walked up to the museum, had a great time there!! The shops there are expensive arent they, or was it just me???
The shops are pretty pricey, but you can find some deals. I love going there, I'm sure I'll make it there sometime this summer.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****