`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Weakness, guilt, despair and joy on a Gypsy Queen journey (pushing my luck? Update)

RE: Weakness, guilt, despair and joy on a Gypsy Queen journey
(04-15-2016, 08:16 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Oh, by the way, do you happen to live in NYC? I had posted a thread last night about the programs from Jeter's last Stadium game. A seller on ebay has 5 different programs, different front page picture and articles for $160. I'm looking for someone in NYC or close to it who goes to a lot of Yankee games. Hoping someone can tell me about the programs soon, I may buy them if I get a good report.
Brian
Sorry Brian,
Ex-New Yorker, now Florida resident. No new Jeter Program info for you.
(04-15-2016, 09:20 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: Nice hit on the trout, the patch on yours is A little nicer than the one I pulled.
(04-15-2016, 09:20 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hey Doc, LMTG just pulled that same Trout from a blaster. How strange is that?
I'd say that pulling 2 Trout /5 Relics from retail blasters in less than a week is inconceivable!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Streaky back in central Florida? I better go check this weekend! Nice hits Doc!
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

Wow, beautiful retail. Little bit of a roller coaster ride but seems that you were just fine at the end of the ride. Smile

(04-15-2016, 11:12 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: Streaky back in central Florida? I better go check this weekend! Nice hits Doc!
Thanks! But I'm pretty sure Streaky has left the building! Smile
(04-16-2016, 08:51 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Wow, beautiful retail. Little bit of a roller coaster ride but seems that you were just fine at the end of the ride. Smile
Thanks, Rob.
What goes up, must come down. Smile We collectors know how the Card Gods roll, right?
My Dad used to say "Sometimes apples, sometimes leaves" assuming he was referring to the feast or famine, yin and yang, ups and downs in life ... Or cardboard collectors Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Weakness, guilt, despair and joy on a Gypsy Queen journey (pushing my luck? Update)
So perhaps I was pushing my luck, but yesterday found 3 more blasters.
2 more decent hits
[Image: C509E1C9-3420-4354-B59F-68790E7A6D4B_zpsr7tklwa2.jpg]
Greg Bird auto /50, Shelby Miller relic /50
[Image: A2254625-E319-443B-8414-F5591C9E4D4D_zpsk0oqmify.jpg]
Brooks Robinson mini /50, Rosario, Howard & Alverez minis /99 Pence mini /250

Don't worry, Joe ... The Howard mini is already set aside with some other Phillies cards I squirreled away for you during last year.
If anyone needs GQ base cards to compete a set, LMK ... I've got tons of base & not going for a set.
Then today, I decided to really take it to the limit, and went a little over budget ... But still, the Gypsy Queen has been very, very nice so far.
3 more blasters, and 3 hanger packs ... 2 more decent hits!
[Image: E2632ACB-F4E4-4CF0-BDFE-9567607407C6_zpsnbbg99rj.jpg]
Daniel Murphy black printing plate, Ozuna signature
DeGrom & O'Brien mini /99 Sabathia, Beltran, DeSclafani minis /50
[Image: 707E7B08-0CAD-476A-98BF-2460BEE617A7_zpsfjznmuc8.jpg]
Assorted paper frames from the hanger packs
And what would be the thing to complete my Journey? Why damaged cards, of course!!!
[Image: 897839E6-550A-49EB-9ABD-23D34B4E72BA_zpssb40vhjk.jpg]
Brooks R mini /99 with some crinkle and worse crinkling on the Iwakuma mini
(Hernandez & Adams are fine, no damage)
All in all, a good journey. Gonna quit before I push things too far and spend more money. I probably would have been better buying 2 hobby boxes, but it's probably very close. 4 autos 2 relics 1 printing plate. So, I came up about 2 relics and 2 boxes of SP minis short. Now, no more retail GQ for me.

RE: Weakness, guilt, despair and joy on a Gypsy Queen journey (pushing my luck? Update)
Man those blasters are better than Hobby boxes!! Congrats!!

(04-20-2016, 01:15 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Man those blasters are better than Hobby boxes!! Congrats!!
Nah, Hobby still works out to be a little better. Those mini box toppers in hobby really bring up the value. Especially when you can get autos and mini booklets in there. But so far, if you're lucky, the price/value is about the closest to hobby compared to any other retail product line. ... So far.
Special Thanks to Phillies_Joe. In a recent trade, he just sent me a new, uncurled Gehrig mini MVP card ... And some other unexpected goodies! I appreciate you, Buddy!

(04-20-2016, 08:26 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nah, Hobby still works out to be a little better. Those mini box toppers in hobby really bring up the value. Especially when you can get autos and mini booklets in there. But so far, if you're lucky, the price/value is about the closest to hobby compared to any other retail product line. ... So far.
Special Thanks to Phillies_Joe. In a recent trade, he just sent me a new, uncurled Gehrig mini MVP card ... And some other unexpected goodies! I appreciate you, Buddy!
Joe is the best. That is why he pulled the Trout auto - Karma, pain and simple!

(04-21-2016, 04:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Joe is the best. That is why he pulled the Trout auto - Karma, pain and simple!
Hopefully that was a typo and you meant 'PLAIN and simple'. Smile
If so, I'd undoubtedly have to agree.