Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of a Kind

One of a Kind
Hello Beckett Community!

I haven't posted a break in awhile but I couldn't pass this up. I broke a box of 13-14 Between the Pipes this past weekend. Here are the hits:

[Image: IMG_1046_zpsnty0aatz.jpg]

Ben Bishop Auto
Dominic Roussel Auto
Jeff Hackett Gold Jersey /10

And the big hit....

[Image: IMG_1048_zpsfmnzzn5a.jpg]

Arturs Irbe Patch 1 of 1

[Image: IMG_1049_zps9u8rc77y.jpg]

It's popping out of the card. It looks like it's a commemorative patch of some sort.
Sorry for the large pics, I'm still readjusting to photobucket.

Well that's it! I'm probably putting it on the auction site but I wanted to give the traders here first dibs. Looking for Caps!!

-Ashley

RE: One of a Kind
sweet pull i bet irbefan4life would love it lol

Super Irbe hit!

Congrats.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

Sweet hit!

I can't tell if it's just the scan or not, but it also looks like the top layer of the card is peeling off the back layer (likely due to the thickness of the patch).

If that's the case, you probably would want to mention it to any prospective buyer or trader.

If I were a buyer or trader for a 1/1 of my favorite player, i could live with the defect as long as I knew about it ahead of time.

You may even be able to ask the company for a replacement.

I can't find any info on the patch, what does it say on the back of the card? It's a crazy hit, I might bid if it comes to FeeBay..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-13-2016, 05:30 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I can't find any info on the patch, what does it say on the back of the card? It's a crazy hit, I might bid if it comes to FeeBay..
I looked it up on google. It's a patch for Steve Chiasson who passed away in a car accident after the 2002 Stanley Cup Finals.

That's one sick card but it sucks that the patch is so thick that it caused damage to the card. Aside from the top layer of the card pulling apart, it looks like there are some little wrinkle creases on the corners of the relic window. You'd think they would have made the card thicker to accommodate the patch.

(04-17-2016, 12:13 AM)slufan83 Wrote: You'd think they would have made the card thicker to accommodate the patch.
Perhaps some companies just churn out as many 1/1 cards as they can without considering overall quality.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-17-2016, 08:37 AM)jonathani Wrote: Perhaps some companies just churn out as many 1/1 cards as they can without considering overall quality.
Yes, but this card was made by ITG, not Panini........

More likely, they made one size (thickness) memorabilia card, and many better patches stick out. I have quite a few patch cards from ITG that are busting out of the windows. If you look at the backs of ITG mem card, they often are vague about what is on the front, because they used the same "blank" for jersey, number patch, and emblem patch cards, only differentiating them on the front with foil printing.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I know this one guy who used to be an Irbe Super Collector who would have done unspeakable things to get that cards once.

Now I just admire the card with the Steve Chiasson Memorial patch on it!

Epic hit!