`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay issue, looking for suggestions...

RE: eBay issue, looking for suggestions...
I haven't sold anything on eBay in almost a year, primarily because of all the creative BS that buyers and sellers are coming up with these days.

Like, as a buyer, you can return the item for up to 30 days - so there's nothing stopping you from buying the card, receiving it, re-listing it and returning it for a refund if you don't instantly turn a profit.

So that keeps me from doing what I used to do - example, during the "Linsanity" era in basketball cards about five or six years ago, I sold five or six Jeremy Lin base RCs for about $25 apiece, then used the $125 profit or so to buy a Kevin Durant auto - all within the same week of receiving the funds and making sure the Lin cards arrived safely to my buyers.

But I can't do that now, for fear of spending the money then having to refund it 30 days later.

That's not to mention this BS that you're dealing with.

I agree, sellers should honor auctions no matter what. I once sold a hand-collated set of 2006 Topps football for a whopping 99 cents, and because I miscalculated the shipping cost, I actually ending up paying someone $3 to take my set from me.

But you deal with it and move on, you don't screw people who have won the auction and paid for the card properly.

It's just this PC/litigation heavy world we live in now, where no one is allowed to leave negative feedback on either side of the fence so that we don't hurt each other's feelings ... but screwing each other is perfectly fine!

Anyway, sorry for the rant, if you're still reading this, good luck with the auctions.

(07-12-2016, 07:04 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: BUMP Angry

It happened again!!! I'm losing faith in buying on eBay. If you can't deal with the ups and downs of listing as an auction then don't list at all. This new sellers name is motherof2boys1girl and she immediately refunded and cancelled my order when I won a Rizzo Triple Threads patch auto for a nice price.

I see it is back up on ebay now

And it's got a zero account that's the high bidders. Surely not...

(07-13-2016, 10:17 AM)fjf31970 Wrote: I see it is back up on ebay now

Zero bidder won this. Let's see if it gets relisted a third time. I also see OP left seller a neg.

If a seller refunds your money and sends you a cancel transaction just do not agree to it. The refund will not go through and then you can file a case. IF you agree to the cancel the transaction you can no longer leave feedback on the listing.
And yes, seller canceled transaction that the buyer did not request are a negative against the seller.

It's relisted again