`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This 2015-16 NHL Debut Piece Has Me Feeling the "Blues"!

This 2015-16 NHL Debut Piece Has Me Feeling the "Blues"!
Today's addition to our museum is currently the newest piece we've got.

Here is the video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnRxtPDR...e=youtu.be

A lot of our museum additions are older, but once in a while, something new pops up that the museum just has to have. This is one of those cases. The old is great, but the new is fantastic as well...eventually it becomes the old after all.

Born in Richmond Hill, Ontario on July 11, 1993, Jordan Binnington was a standout prospect for the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League. As a starter, he led the team to participate in the Memorial cup in 2010-11, and generally helped to make the team a contender in his other seasons. He was drafted 88th overall by St. Louis in 2011. His first taste of the professional hockey life took place on April 15, 2012 after he was signed to an amateur tryout by Peoria of the AHL as he was still with the OHL at the time. He stopped 33-35 shots in his debut.

He played as backup for Canada in the 2013 World Junior Championships and eventually jumped to the pro ranks in 2013-14. That season, he spent 40 games with the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL, but got another shot at the AHL. In 2014-15, he was the full time goaltender on the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. He was recalled to the St. Louis Blues that year., but never got into any games. Then, 2015-16 came along. Binnington was the part-time starter for Chicago of the AHL, sharing time with Pheonix Copley. On January 9, 2016, he was recalled by the Blues. Then, like all of the stories of all goalies in my collection, it happened. On January 14, 2016, right near the middle of the third period, Brian Elliott was pulled, allowing Binnington to make his NHL debut against the Carolina Hurricanes. In his nearly 13 minutes of ice time that game, he stopped 3 of 4 shots in the team's eventual 4-1 defeat. He was then sent back down to the minors several days later.

As he is very young and his NHL debut only came this season he has only appeared in one NHL game thus far. Appearing in more is definitely not out of the question, but career NHL statistics would be pointless to go over now.

As for the piece, what you are looking at right now is the Set 2 Home Sweater worn by Binnington in his NHL debut on January 14. It has extremely minimal wear, with the exception being a small black mark on the right sleeve, and a massive mark on the right sleeve.

Acquired from: Fanatics Authentic

Dates of Game Use: January 14, 2016 v Carolina (3-4, 4-1L)

Photomatched: No, referenced

[Image: binnington1_zpsmnrwqmho.jpg]

[Image: binnington2_zpsprcpimtx.jpg]

[Image: binnington3_zpss9ie0q14.jpg]

[Image: binnington4_zpswwc2vjpg.jpg]

[Image: binnington5_zps1ppzlwy0.jpg]

[Image: binnington6_zps11xtg4jv.jpg]

RE: This 2015-16 NHL Debut Piece Has Me Feeling the "Blues"!
Thats sweet!!
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

Nice addition to your museum.

Congrats.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

Awesome jersey! I would have liked to see him see a game or two more while he was up this year, but with Elliott playing as good as he was for those weeks with Allen out it didn't happen.
[Image: Blues%20Banner%202015_zpso4q52tdf.png]
Blues PC: 5600+ cards - Blues RCs: 781/933 - 83.7%