`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What goes around, comes around

What goes around, comes around
Like I once said ... The bad thing about a streak is that it usually ends worse. Statistically everything has to even out, so my negative streak started and what's worse is I'm 2 for 2 with damaged cards. 2 hanger boxes from different stores. Both discounted Bowman Hanger boxes. Nothing great but one box Bryant Chrome and the other Bryant yellow paper .... All the cards in both packs all have lower left corner card dings! Stinks! Is that from bad packaging by the manufacturer or rough handling by the distributor or retail store?
I'll post pics if interested ... But we've all seen damaged cards before. Sad

And as lucky as I was with Donruss (1/3 packs I was getting something good ... Auto, relic, s/n cards) but now zero for 8, so my negative streak is at 10 for those of us counting. Woo Hoo Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: What goes around, comes around
I detect a turn back to the good in your near future....
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

I think on those discounted boxes the damage comes after they're packaged by the manufacturer.

You'd cringe if you saw how those boxes are handled. I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Kepler

(04-06-2016, 06:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Like I once said ... The bad thing about a streak is that it usually ends worse. Statistically everything has to even out, so my negative streak started and what's worse is I'm 2 for 2 with damaged cards. 2 hanger boxes from different stores. Both discounted Bowman Hanger boxes. Nothing great but one box Bryant Chrome and the other Bryant yellow paper .... All the cards in both packs all have lower left corner card dings! Stinks! Is that from bad packaging by the manufacturer or rough handling by the distributor or retail store?
I'll post pics if interested ... But we've all seen damaged cards before. Sad

And as lucky as I was with Donruss (1/3 packs I was getting something good ... Auto, relic, s/n cards) but now zero for 8, so my negative streak is at 10 for those of us counting. Woo Hoo Sad
I've had similar bad luck lately with the 2015 topps rack packs (1 topps gold card and a few common inserts out of 6 total packs) ugh!
Hope your luck turns around soon.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(04-06-2016, 07:34 AM)1969metsfan Wrote: I detect a turn back to the good in your near future....
Thanks! It's not like I didn't expect a bad streak, but the damaged cards are the ultimate indignity.
(04-06-2016, 06:42 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I think on those discounted boxes the damage comes after they're packaged by the manufacturer.
You'd cringe if you saw how those boxes are handled. I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often.
I guess employees drop kicking cases of cards to each other wouldn't be 'proper handling' ? LOL
I always thought/hoped that boxes that looked good on the outside would have a higher probability of undamaged cards. I was wrong. Maybe they weren't tightly packed enough to prevent damage. Perhaps a top and bottom 'slug' card would have prevented damage? Oh well. I was going to try and return them to Topps, just based on principle, but it's probably not worth the time and effort.
(04-07-2016, 09:44 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I've had similar bad luck lately with the 2015 topps rack packs (1 topps gold card and a few common inserts out of 6 total packs) ugh!
Hope your luck turns around soon.
Unless they're freshly stocked, I never buy rack packs. Pack searchers bend'em and little kids drop'em. Very susceptible to outside 'forces of nature' Smile
I learned my lesson about those a long time ago. Just never thought rack boxes would have sustained similar damages from getting dropped. I'm just relieved there wasn't any really great high value card inside my boxes that were damaged. That would have really stunk.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.