`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reprint seller on ebay fraudulent

Reprint seller on ebay fraudulent
Homer07 and mrshomer09 are and have been selling reprints without the word reprint on it. Anyone feel like spending a few dollars on the seller to just put negative feedback, please feel free to do so.

RE: Reprint seller on ebay fraudulent
The reality is that these cards are not reprints. A reprint would have a copyright date of when reprinted and, unless permission were granted, would be done by the company itself (or whoever had the rights). These cards are pure counterfeit. I am sure that this is not even legal unless there is something that we don't know that allowed them to be printed.

Why not just report them to eBay. Pretty much all you can do.

If you read the bottom of one of there auctions according to them they purchased the reprint rights??

I took a look at a few of homer07 offerings. I think there is one Mantle card (it's the one with a blue background on the back) that could be legit. Unfortunately I don't have the set to compare. Some of the others thought I see the normal topps copyright stuff, but he could have just copied the back as is. Bottom line to me is I wouldn't touch them.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

On the Billy Ripken FF card he did remove that he had purchased the rights after I threatened to turn him in to Upper Deck , who now has those rights. He also wouldn't get Topps permission, ever. I hate people that put reprints on ebay so they get into the market place. There was a purchase I made once, of 400 1990 Classic Chipper Jones cards off Ebay a couple years ago just to find out they were copies. They were similar to the 1986 Jordan fakes that were easily found to have the dot matrix pattern from a copier.Other than that they looked pretty good. he had previously sold 50 card lots to others who had then listed and sold them as singles, so there are a lot of those cards now out there in the market too. I will continue to watch his listings and try to report all his reprints to ebay.

Thanks for the warning, but I also suggest alerting eBay so you can save more people's money.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

did alert ebay and all his listings are gone. reporting mrshomer09 now and hopefully they will all be gone too.