`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Retail from Leaf : Babe Ruth Collection

New Retail from Leaf : Babe Ruth Collection
Went to Target today and was very surprised to see these Babe Ruth Collection $30 blasters. The 80 card set, and 2 ten card inserts are complete in one blaster, so I'm not really sure why Leaf packaged it with 20 five-card packs in each blaster. Why not just cello wrap the complete set? Anyway, not knowing that you got a complete set in each blaster, I stupidly bought 2 blasters, so fair warning ... Don't buy more than one. Now, there's a chance at getting a 1/1 cut auto, but seriously.... What are the odds? They're not on the box. You can get a relic card, but again, without stated odds, there may be 1 in every 10000 boxes. So for the gamblers amongst you, buy a $30 lottery ticket (box) at astronomical odds of finding a Ruth auto and know that you at least get a beautiful, complete set of cards.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: New Retail from Leaf : Babe Ruth Collection
I've been debating grabbing a box. Worse comes to worse you get a nice set of cards. Many a time I've gotten a blaster and a hanger for $30 and walked away with nothing. Atleast here I'm getting a set of the greatest player ever.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(03-28-2016, 09:50 PM)demondukk Wrote: I've been debating grabbing a box. Worse comes to worse you get a nice set of cards. Many a time I've gotten a blaster and a hanger for $30 and walked away with nothing. Atleast here I'm getting a set of the greatest player ever.
Agreed!
But for $30 they should have included a manufactured commemorative card or something different in each blaster. But it is a nice 80 card set. The inserts are 10 Career Achievements and 10 Quotables

Here they are ..... [Image: 17937732-E099-4DD9-9CF5-D14BDC7490E8_zpskvmoc1hw.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

They did the same thing with the Pete Rose blasters, aka a complete set out of one blaster, but you also got an auto (although the Babe wasn't around to sign stickers, LOL).

For the Stan Musial product you got a Musial auto but I think the set itself was made up of different players (I pulled a Pujols out of a single Musial pack from a re-packed blaster).

Yeah, you're right, some kind of manufactured relic or something would have been cool.

Wish I had seen this before grabbing 2 blasters......I got mine at Walmart while looking for the Topps cards inside Pizza / Bread sticks (workers thought I was some crazy man as they had no idea what I was talking about....LOL). Anyway, now have 2 sets. DrM, was going to surprise you by including one when I send our trade out but alas, you don't need it. May start a contest here... Agree that a little something included would have been nice (maybe a 5 pack of colorized pics). Nice little set that just reinforces my un-shakeable position that the Babe is the greatest baseball player to to ever live. I only compare players by how they performed against their peers from their era's.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-02-2016, 03:18 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Wish I had seen this before grabbing 2 blasters......I got mine at Walmart while looking for the Topps cards inside Pizza / Bread sticks (workers thought I was some crazy man as they had no idea what I was talking about....LOL). Anyway, now have 2 sets. DrM, was going to surprise you by including one when I send our trade out but alas, you don't need it. May start a contest here... Agree that a little something included would have been nice (maybe a 5 pack of colorized pics). Nice little set that just reinforces my un-shakeable position that the Babe is the greatest baseball player to to ever live. I only compare players by how they performed against their peers from their era's.
LOL, I was going to send you my other set in our trade as a surprise. Great minds think alike? Anyway, one of the reasons I posted, wanted to save the community an additional $30 if I could. Definitely worth the $30, but 2 sets are unnecessary. Sad

Agreed, Ruth is undeniably THE Greatest Ballplayer ever. There's no one to compare him to in this century or last. You can compare him to a composite of maybe three or four different players, but he was all that, rolled into one. He was the greatest power hitter, he has one of the top all time batting averages, and he was an outstanding pitcher. World Class, World renowned. The most recognizable and celebrated American Sports figure ... perhaps only rivaled by Muhammed Ali?

(04-03-2016, 09:09 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: LOL, I was going to send you my other set in our trade as a surprise. Great minds think alike? Anyway, one of the reasons I posted, wanted to save the community an additional $30 if I could. Definitely worth the $30, but 2 sets are unnecessary. Sad

Agreed, Ruth is undeniably THE Greatest Ballplayer ever. There's no one to compare him to in this century or last. You can compare him to a composite of maybe three or four different players, but he was all that, rolled into one. He was the greatest power hitter, he has one of the top all time batting averages, and he was an outstanding pitcher. World Class, World renowned. The most recognizable and celebrated American Sports figure ... perhaps only rivaled by Muhammed Ali?
This Ruth guy, was he as good as Mike Trout?

(04-04-2016, 03:15 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: This Ruth guy, was he as good as Mike Trout?
I dunno ... Can Trout pitch? Smile Wink