`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Seralized Cards, anything special?

#1 Seralized Cards, anything special?
I found the following serialized cards which are the #001 card and was wondering if they are any more significant than any other card in the serialized version. I assume there are collectors of the #1 cards but I have never really seen any listings for cards highlighting that they are card #1, any thoughts on this topic?!

[Image: mRfA5Ef.jpg]

RE: #1 Seralized Cards, anything special?
Some individuals like collecting first printed, last printed and/or jersey numbers. Some are even willing to pay more for them but realistically it doesn't add to the value at all.

(03-21-2016, 08:55 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Some individuals like collecting first printed, last printed and/or jersey numbers. Some are even willing to pay more for them but realistically it doesn't add to the value at all.
From looking on Ebay at serial numbered cards, imho the jersey numbers to tend to get a little bit more. I actually think it's "neat" when I get a jersey number of one of my players I collect. But not sure if I would really spend more for it. I have seen some cards sell for little more for the jersey number though. It's all about finding the right person that "needs" the 1st print for their collection I suppose. heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

For big name players or rookies there is a small premium that people will pay, but it is usually only 10-20% over any other serial number. This is typically because there are enough people who want the cards to cause a slight increase in price. That being said, the 2 cards you showed would be tough to get much if any premium, simply because they are not highly collected players.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I get excited when I see a card serial numbered "19" or "019" because that was my jersey number playing baseball lol.
[Image: image.jpg]

Thanks for the info, I assumed that they only might be more desirable if a person colleceted the player. To be honest I was surprised to see limited print card of these particular players to be begin with, for this reason and the #001 my initial thought was they might have been sample cards.

A slight premium on jersey numbers but not much on #1 cards.

Some players get huge premiums on this, but it depends on how large the print run is.

So if the print run is ten, it doesn't matter much. Print run of 100 or more then it matters more.

Sort of like card grading - the only 9.5 graded card in a print run of 1000 gets much more of an interest/value bump than a 9.5 graded superfractor.

In the '90s and early 2000s there were collectors who only purchased the first number card.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.