Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Beckett, I'm Scared

Dear Beckett, I'm Scared
Dear Beckett,

Please help me. I'm scared. Beyond frightened. I'm literally having trouble breathing thinking of the massive undertaking in which still lays before me. After over a year of being out of the hobby and not even having an ounce of desire to collect cards, I've slowly gained the passion back for which has been lost (the passion that you've no doubt helped kill) and here i am before you, throwing myself at your mercy, begging you, please please please oh god please do not take this away from me again.

Even though i have been 'away', I never was truly able to leave these message boards. The community you have behind you is more than amazing. They are the backbone of this hobby and you should be so lucky to even be allowed to be in such a phenomenal presence of people. These people on these boards are the reasons i've found my way once again. It took a while, but like all wounds, time heals even the deepest.

I come back pleading with you to manage a site that you've neglected. (I feel neglected is not a strong enough word because neglect means you have had to actually taken care of something in the first place, but i couldn't think of a better word at this moment in time). You've always put profits ahead of customer service and like all of the fools here, I've stayed. I've dealt with it day after day because of the product you've half assedly (is that even a word?) supplied to me. A product you've teased me with, a product that appears so good on paper it leaves me clinging to the hope that one day you will get your act together. Your organize and trade tools are so easy to use, even a caveman could do it, Hence why I am still here. A) I am a caveman, B) I only care about trading and finishing sets.

I have painstakingly re gone through my cards, every single one (even though i'm only about 50% complete) to double check to make sure my excel sheet is correct. And now I am going through my ORG to make sure all of my cards are correct. The cards are entered correctly and the QTY is there. I am 'making an effort' to do things right is an understatement. I am wasting so many hours of my life sitting in this chair staring at excel sheets and your website (hours that have already been wasted doing the exact same thing) that i worry i'll need to be put on blood thinners for fear of clots.

The only thing i ask of you is to please get your act together. I dont care that you call me 10 times a week begging for more of my hard earned money, I don't care that you've never bothered to listen to anything i've EVER said (Brandon Nolan cards are still entered incorrectly even though i've messaged you 5 times about it like you had asked), I dont care that you do random maintenance at the worst possible times, I dont even care anymore that you raise prices and make absolutely no sense with your business plan.

What i do care about is your beloved ORG. Your gem, Your magnificent pearl in and unbelievably ugly oyster. Please, for all things that are holy, do not mess with this. When i read threads of 'cards are missing, org is messed, cards i just entered are gone, i've deleted my entire org in efforts to fix something you messed up' i get chest pains. I have trouble breathing. I feel light headed. I place my head between my knees and pray that when i pull my head up, it will have all just been one giant nightmare and my org will be untouched. my org will be exactly how i left it. My org will be functional and my trades will reflect it. Please for the love of god, Let my only shimmer of light be the beacon we all so need it to be in this darkened storm called the life of beckett. I place everything i have at your feet in hopes that you might find it worthy enough to allow me to enjoy collecting cards again because i dont think...nay...i know i cannot handle another crushing series of events that destroy my passion, because i fear it will never come back again.

Sincerely,
Brandon Kasper
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: Dear Beckett, I'm Scared
if my org ever gets messed up again like it is right now. that will be the last time you will ever see me on this site. I to am sitting here for hours and hours RE entering cards that were once entered. redoing my PC collection as well as all of my traders. I am no where near 50% done. I know the pain.

Ive done this before, i swear i have... Oh BECAUSE I HAVE. Last chance, i will not/can not put this time in again.

Also it becomes more and more less worthwhile when good traders are leaving because of problems here...
Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

[quote='Optimus_Prime' pid='2607579' dateline='1458418328']
Dear Beckett,

Please help me. I'm scared. Beyond frightened. I'm literally having trouble breathing thinking of the massive undertaking in which still lays before me. After over a year of being out of the hobby and not even having an ounce of desire to collect cards, I've slowly gained the passion back for which has been lost (the passion that you've no doubt helped kill) and here i am before you, throwing myself at your mercy, begging you, please please please oh god please do not take this away from me again.

Even though i have been 'away', I never was truly able to leave these message boards. The community you have behind you is more than amazing. They are the backbone of this hobby and you should be so lucky to even be allowed to be in such a phenomenal presence of people. These people on these boards are the reasons i've found my way once again. It took a while, but like all wounds, time heals even the deepest.

I come back pleading with you to manage a site that you've neglected. (I feel neglected is not a strong enough word because neglect means you have had to actually taken care of something in the first place, but i couldn't think of a better word at this moment in time). You've always put profits ahead of customer service and like all of the fools here, I've stayed. I've dealt with it day after day because of the product you've half assedly (is that even a word?) supplied to me. A product you've teased me with, a product that appears so good on paper it leaves me clinging to the hope that one day you will get your act together. Your organize and trade tools are so easy to use, even a caveman could do it, Hence why I am still here. A) I am a caveman, B) I only care about trading and finishing sets.

I have painstakingly re gone through my cards, every single one (even though i'm only about 50% complete) to double check to make sure my excel sheet is correct. And now I am going through my ORG to make sure all of my cards are correct. The cards are entered correctly and the QTY is there. I am 'making an effort' to do things right is an understatement. I am wasting so many hours of my life sitting in this chair staring at excel sheets and your website (hours that have already been wasted doing the exact same thing) that i worry i'll need to be put on blood thinners for fear of clots.

The only thing i ask of you is to please get your act together. I dont care that you call me 10 times a week begging for more of my hard earned money, I don't care that you've never bothered to listen to anything i've EVER said (Brandon Nolan cards are still entered incorrectly even though i've messaged you 5 times about it like you had asked), I dont care that you do random maintenance at the worst possible times, I dont even care anymore that you raise prices and make absolutely no sense with your business plan.

What i do care about is your beloved ORG. Your gem, Your magnificent pearl in and unbelievably ugly oyster. Please, for all things that are holy, do not mess with this. When i read threads of 'cards are missing, org is messed, cards i just entered are gone, i've deleted my entire org in efforts to fix something you messed up' i get chest pains. I have trouble breathing. I feel light headed. I place my head between my knees and pray that when i pull my head up, it will have all just been one giant nightmare and my org will be untouched. my org will be exactly how i left it. My org will be functional and my trades will reflect it. Please for the love of god, Let my only shimmer of light be the beacon we all so need it to be in this darkened storm called the life of beckett. I place everything i have at your feet in hopes that you might find it worthy enough to allow me to enjoy collecting cards again because i dont think...nay...i know i cannot handle another crushing series of events that destroy my passion, because i fear it will never come back again.

Sincerely,
Brandon Kasper

Very well said. I also hope they can keep the integrity of the ORG intact going forward.

Man, if my org which I spent a ton of time on gets messed up that would be it for me.

(03-19-2016, 09:41 PM)jplarson Wrote: Man, if my org which I spent a ton of time on gets messed up that would be it for me.
The ORG is the #1 main reason I'm even here. If there was a cheaper option that actually worked all the time so others could see my tradable cards and allow me to show off some of my faves, I'd be gone, too. Reentering tens of thousands of cards is not an option for me, and I know many people have much larger collections than that to worry about.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.