`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck Hobby vs retail pack.

Upper Deck Hobby vs retail pack.
I am getting back in the card game after a long break from it. like millions of others Im on a quest to collect the Young Guns line. While I am having success on pulling them from the boxes I have been purchasing, I have yet to find a Mcdavid, Eichel , or Larkin. I live in a rural area ( Havelock, NC) and my only source for cards is the local Walmart, so my only option is retail. packs. My question is are these specific Young Guns cards only in hobby packs or do I run the same odds there? Thanks in advance.

Jon

RE: Upper Deck Hobby vs retail pack.
You may be able to check the UD website, but I've never checked for that sort of information. They may not offer it, even though their business is promoting the cards.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I only buy retail for hockey and have pulled some big Young Gun names over the years - Malkin, Tavares and McDavid this year, for example.

If you scroll through the box breaks section you'll see several retail and hobby breaks.

To my knowledge, the base Young Guns are in both hobby and retail.

(03-15-2016, 12:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: To my knowledge, the base Young Guns are in both hobby and retail.
+1

Hobby boxes, odds for a YG 1:4 packs
Retail boxes, odds for a YG 1:4 packs
Tins , odds for a YG 1:4 packs
Blasters, some are 1:4 packs and some others at 1:6 packs

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

Just make sure that what ever you buy at walmart has the original UD plastic wrapper on it! If it doesn't then its already been opened and the hits removed from the packs, you will only find base cards in that box, some one has stolen the hits.
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

I've had better luck with Retail than I have with hobby. Over the years I've pulled RNH ref and Canavas YG, 4 Larkins this year, Mackinnon, Gaudreau and a McDavid Jumbo YG
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

Went the retail box route this year myself--20 bucks less for a box of 24 packs. Mcdavid YG is only in series 1, Eichel only in series 2. hope that helps. I got both in the 4 boxes of each I bought, but at 6 rookies a box and 50 in each series it could take you 9 boxes to get all the rookies if you do not get many doubles.

Im getting the doubles monster quite frequently. It seems like every pack I have has a Noah Hanifin yg lol

But that's not a bad one to hit!

(03-16-2016, 01:21 PM)shierydana Wrote: But that's not a bad one to hit!
Very true but living outside of raleigh nc in hurricane country there is no mystique to it.
I collect Justin Faulk and Colin Kaepernick cards.