`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donruss box breaks

Donruss box breaks
My local trader buddy and I had a good time on Thursday. Last Saturday he had come over also, and we decided we were going to order 3 boxes of Donruss and 1 box of Topps for my buddy. We split the Donruss, so we each opened a box and a half. Out of the box we split, we did ok. We even beat the house as each of us pulled an auto and a relic out of our packs. The box says 3 autos or relics per box, so we pulled 4 out of the shared box.

Each of our full boxes were pretty good. My buddy pulled a Wade Boggs auto and I pulled a Steven Piscotty out of mine, since he's a big Cardinals fan, I traded the Piscotty to him for the Boggs. Also, we each got some nice inserts, that's one of the strengths of Donruss I think, their inserts are a lot nicer than Topps.

Out of my box I pulled this little jewel.

[Image: YoanMoncadaF_zpsyze1292m.jpg]

[Image: YoanMoncadaB_zpswu24m9fs.jpg]

I'm not sure on how this card rates. I have seen blurbs for him on D & A, especially with Leaf products. What do all of you think about him.

All in all, we had a good afternoon of breaking wax. My friend's box of Topps wasn't the greatest, but he did pull some nice Cardinal cards he wanted.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Donruss box breaks
You want to be rid of any sort of Moncada signature cards in your collection and what a coincidence, I'm more than willing to take it off your hands. Smile

Moncada has all the promise of a 5 tools player. We shall see though. He will be in the minors all this year and maybe get a shot sometime next but I think that will be rushing it.

Well, I'm certainly not going to keep it, as I'm a Yankees fan. Only thing, I'd rather sell than trade. I need cash flow to keep getting some boxes. I'd like to get some Diamond Kings and higher end Topps.

Would you be willing to give me an offer? If so, send me a pm.

(03-13-2016, 12:22 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: You want to be rid of any sort of Moncada signature cards in your collection and what a coincidence, I'm more than willing to take it off your hands. Smile

Moncada has all the promise of a 5 tools player. We shall see though. He will be in the minors all this year and maybe get a shot sometime next but I think that will be rushing it.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(03-13-2016, 02:58 AM)bamyanks Wrote: Well, I'm certainly not going to keep it, as I'm a Yankees fan. Only thing, I'd rather sell than trade. I need cash flow to keep getting some boxes. I'd like to get some Diamond Kings and higher end Topps.

Would you be willing to give me an offer? If so, send me a pm.
I don't mind paying but I'm being honest when I say I have no clue as what to offer at this time. I guess I would need to see some sales or if you're more informed then me then please PM me what you are looking for.
Did some quick searching, sending a PM now.