`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Lineage... Gutted :(

2011 Topps Lineage... Gutted :(
Bought a box, enjoying every pack... Ty Cobb mini, Kershaw mini relic, Cabrera 3D insert... Then this happened:

[Image: IMG_1.jpg]

Any advice? Or do I just weep to myself?

RE: 2011 Topps Lineage... Gutted :(
I would hit up topps and see what they say. Can't hurt?

(03-11-2016, 08:28 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I would hit up topps and see what they say. Can't hurt?
Other than the potential time you will spend on hold...
The answer will be no. They have not broken this precedent... EVER.

OP, I'm sorry for the gut-wrencher!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Whoa. That really sucks. Tough break bud.

I know this feeling all too well. I pulled a Fleer Nolan Ryan auto /25 right when I got back in the hobby. I was pumped until I noticed the expiration date and then got the confirmation from UD that they wouldn't do anything to honor it.

I kept it for a while so I could remember what a fickle mistress older boxes are. At least Lineage is an awesome set in all other respects.
Kepler

(03-11-2016, 09:21 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I know this feeling all too well. I pulled a Fleer Nolan Ryan auto /25 right when I got back in the hobby. I was pumped until I noticed the expiration date and then got the confirmation from UD that they wouldn't do anything to honor it.

I kept it for a while so I could remember what a fickle mistress older boxes are. At least Lineage is an awesome set in all other respects.
Never been a "pitchfork grabbing boycotter" either, but just coming back myself, this one really hurt. Lesson learned.

go cry yourself a good 5 minutes. Then have a shot of whiskey and move on. That's what I would do.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Never hurts to call them but I would suggest hitting them up on Twitter or Facebook. Companies hate negative crap on their social media outlets. Just takes one Topps employee a little way up the chain of command to see it and respond.

Hopefully you get something for them. That is just a killer. There are still people that collect expired redemption cards on Ebay so throw the expired cards up there saying they are not redeemed and they are EXPIRED and some collector will buy them.

(03-12-2016, 10:13 AM)muz0 Wrote: go cry yourself a good 5 minutes. Then have a shot of whiskey and move on. That's what I would do.
Totally what I did! Lol
(03-12-2016, 11:05 AM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: Never hurts to call them but I would suggest hitting them up on Twitter or Facebook. Companies hate negative crap on their social media outlets. Just takes one Topps employee a little way up the chain of command to see it and respond.

Hopefully you get something for them. That is just a killer. There are still people that collect expired redemption cards on Ebay so throw the expired cards up there saying they are not redeemed and they are EXPIRED and some collector will buy them.
Good call. Just sent a tweet, may try FB

That's just rotten luck, to pull such beautiful redemptions after they've expired. I never have understood why they "expire" anyway. I understand they're not going to keep the cards forever, but they should send SOMETHING your way even if it's not that card. Redemptions are just crap, in my book.

Good luck with the Twitter.

Cheers,