`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know who this is?

Anyone know who this is?
My friend just bought this for a dollar at a thrift shop. The sig is bugging the crap out of me like I know it. Any help? [Image: IMG_78801_zpswf3for1i.jpg]

RE: Anyone know who this is?
According to baseball reference 791 players have worn #17! Where in the US was it purchased?
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

(03-08-2016, 08:41 PM)bzross Wrote: According to baseball reference 791 players have worn #17! Where in the US was it purchased?
Near Boston Mass

As an investigator for a living, I couldn't resist digging into this. I went to Baseball reference and found out all of the major league players who have worn #17. I first looked at those whose name begins with "C" and looked on ebay for an example of their signature to no avail, then I tried "G" and found that you have none other than Geronimo Gil.

(03-08-2016, 11:17 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: As an investigator for a living, I couldn't resist digging into this. I went to Baseball reference and found out all of the major league players who have worn #17. I first looked at those whose name begins with "C" and looked on ebay for an example of their signature to no avail, then I tried "G" and found that you have none other than Geronimo Gil.
Bravo!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-08-2016, 11:17 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: As an investigator for a living, I couldn't resist digging into this. I went to Baseball reference and found out all of the major league players who have worn #17. I first looked at those whose name begins with "C" and looked on ebay for an example of their signature to no avail, then I tried "G" and found that you have none other than Geronimo Gil.
Nice job, I did the same but drew a blank. I may have given up too early.
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

Wow man, thanks! My buddy is going to be stoked! Well done.

Very impressive sleuthing!