`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know cauz1717?

RE: Anyone know cauz1717?
I received a pm on facebook from him yesterday. He said that, for whatever reason, he is not able to communicate with other users thru the trade messenger. He also stuck to his story that my card was already mailed. This whole situation has been just another reason why I am shying away f r pm great traders to the north. Without tracking, you can pretty much get away with saying that you mailed the card out. I am glad that at least a few people have gotten their trades completed. Hopefully, I will be next. It will be interesting to see what the postmark date is. One other thing that he told me was that he uses stamps to mail his cards out. It would take a ton of stamps here in the us, but I guess that is an option in Canada. With any luck, I will be able to close this frigging headache soon. Have a great weekend all!!!! -Joe

This bad experience shouldn't stop you from trading with Canadians Smile .... a negligent/dishonest trader can reside in any Country. I feel your frustration, and I'm also hoping that all will be resolved in a positive manner. I always take photos of my packages and retain postal receipts until the trade has reached its conclusion, with all satisfied parties..... that way I can provide the person that I'm trading with some peace of mind .... Good luck and keep the faith in the honest traders to the north.
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

I posted on the Facebook Scammers group after you and have shared this thread. This guy's name is getting out there, and he is trying to save some face. This is not the first time that he has messaged the member after the call out, but he has been negligent on all occasions. I am working with many of the Admins on FB and all of the staff on Beckett to get all of these guys out of here and known! Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

Joseph check your facebook acct, thanks for not getting back to me, one would think that after threats of police action, you'd communicate.

you've forgotten tracking was never discussed until 1-2 days after I shipped. I also hadn't received your package before you expressed your concerns.

FYI your package was sent back by Canada Post in an apology from Canada Post Bag , check your facebook for pics. It looks like it was torn by a machine.I'll send pics to your fb acct today. I'll also let you know if I'll be able to goto Detroit and mail Sunday or Monday or I'll send it xpresspost w/tracking etc.

I have 2 facebook accts since my non collector friends don't need to look at hockey cards in their feeds
I haven't been able to get into that acct for over a month , it changed when I changed to Windows 10 , facebooks says both email accts are too similiar and it changes to my personal acct.

I don't work at Canada Post or Customs so sometimes things are out of our control.... If I acted this way everytime a trade or purchase took over 2-3 weeks, I wouldn't have 250+ trades

Have Fun
Todd Cozma

Your postal workers must be useless. This isn't the first time I've seen this excuse from you lol.

How is he able to make another account Beckett authorities?
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

So, immediately guessing that wcc is also cauz1717? And how is this being turned around on me? I'm the one out 150 bucks plus shipping!!! As for dealing with people from Canada, I will now only deal with the ones that I see as credible. I won't limit myself, nor anyone else, from trading because of one bone head. As for checking facebook for pictures, I did check, there are no pics, and I sent yet ANOTHER message. It's amazing how many identities people can take on. My friends don't give a shut about hockey cards either, but I'm not creating alter-ego identities to hide things. And, for the record, I wouldn't be upset with a trade taking a month if the other trader seemed legit. If you use stamps, it's on you to, at the very least, take pictures before you supposedly send. Now me, I have a copy of every trade I've done on here and attached to it is either the usps tracking form or, when shipping to canada, the usps tracking and the customs form. The hones is on the sender to keep track of documentation that would eliminate situations like the ones we are all in now. And even if all that wasn't retained, I would feel a little better if I hadn't been told that multiple trades were not followed thru on, not just on beckett, but on facebook also. Anyone that is owed cards is definitely the victim here and trying to switch things around will never change that. Thank you to everyone who has remained honest and made this site what it is. Now, the trick is not to let it slip into someplace that scares people to trade on. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all. Well, all except Todd. I hope his weekend sucks!! LoL
Question 

(03-12-2016, 11:48 PM)JEH177 Wrote: So, immediately guessing that wcc is also cauz1717? And how is this being turned around on me? I'm the one out 150 bucks plus shipping!!! As for dealing with people from Canada, I will now only deal with the ones that I see as credible. I won't limit myself, nor anyone else, from trading because of one bone head. As for checking facebook for pictures, I did check, there are no pics, and I sent yet ANOTHER message. It's amazing how many identities people can take on. My friends don't give a shut about hockey cards either, but I'm not creating alter-ego identities to hide things. And, for the record, I wouldn't be upset with a trade taking a month if the other trader seemed legit. If you use stamps, it's on you to, at the very least, take pictures before you supposedly send. Now me, I have a copy of every trade I've done on here and attached to it is either the usps tracking form or, when shipping to canada, the usps tracking and the customs form. The hones is on the sender to keep track of documentation that would eliminate situations like the ones we are all in now. And even if all that wasn't retained, I would feel a little better if I hadn't been told that multiple trades were not followed thru on, not just on beckett, but on facebook also. Anyone that is owed cards is definitely the victim here and trying to switch things around will never change that. Thank you to everyone who has remained honest and made this site what it is. Now, the trick is not to let it slip into someplace that scares people to trade on. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all. Well, all except Todd. I hope his weekend sucks!! LoL
I'm with you, Joe. Funny that the known thief is trying to shift blame to you. If he is not on here to make amends, why post at all? He makes himself look guilty.
Shame on Beckett for allowing him to continue to scam other users, and using newly created profiles to boot. But he's paying, and that's all the matters to Beckett.

I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

I agree 100% with previous post. Once your banned it should be impossible to regain the ability to continue under a new alias. However, it appears as long as a subscription is purchased a scammer can continue to steal cards with a new username. What kind of protection is that !!!!
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

I actually emailed beckett and asked what recourse someone like him faces and what is there to prevent it happening in the first place. To my surprise, I haven't received any response other than they got my query. At this point, I know who I can't trust and I will just deal with those people. If someone else has a card and one of the trusted knows that petson, I will see if the unknown (to me) person can make a deal with my trusted seller and then to me. It seems like a lot of work, but it beats getting hung out to dry by a scammer. I have still not received the photos he supposedly sent me on facebook. And I agree, why post that statement if you aren't going to come on and Mae things right. At this point, it's going to take more than someone's word that they are trying to make things right. It's gonna take cards in my hand. Short of that, I call bullshit all the way! !!! -Joe

(03-13-2016, 04:27 PM)gmccarth Wrote: I'm with you, Joe. Funny that the known thief is trying to shift blame to you. If he is not on here to make amends, why post at all? He makes himself look guilty.
Shame on Beckett for allowing him to continue to scam other users, and using newly created profiles to boot. But he's paying, and that's all the matters to Beckett.
totally false....his account is closed and we dont allow anyone to scam others in exchange for paying. There is no way to stop people from creating new accounts, wish there was and we wouldnt be dealing with chineese spam bots.

I still need his address and cauz1717 if you are viewing this as a guest email me at
moderator.beckett@gmail.com
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)