`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
HOLY GRAIL

RE: HOLY GRAIL
I love those Baylors the more I look at them. Quick question how do you know they are from the same jerseys?
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(03-09-2016, 12:44 PM)hgyt Wrote: i dont have a pic of my cousy TTM.

i live in Denmark and the card got back to me in 2 weeks.
i also have TTM from KJ,eaton,connie hawkins and i got 7 cards signed when he was in Denmark last summer.plus gervin signed a card when he was at the embassy som years back
Cool beans.
(03-13-2016, 05:08 PM)jonathani Wrote: There are people playing under five minutes a game today with more cards than some classic players. This should simply devalue what's coming out today for anyone smart enough to understand business, but for some reason it doesn't. Either way, I have a hard time collecting players when they have hundreds of cards come out each year. I like those fun and hard to find older cards in any sport. Oh, and picking up a new box just to sell all the cards for several times what the box cost helps fund these ventures.
Yep. It's a real shame. Overproduction of players that won't even be in the league for long, and meanwhile players like Baylor doesn't have too much out there. I mean, I'm not complaining, cause it would cost an arm and a leg to buy them all. But sometimes I just get bored when there is nothing to pick up.

(03-14-2016, 02:11 PM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: I love those Baylors the more I look at them. Quick question how do you know they are from the same jerseys?
Thank you! Pride and joy of my collection.

Topps has only ever produced game used cards of him(and very few of them) using this jersey. No yellow and purple GU cards have ever been made for Topps. Other companies, yes. Topps got their hands in this pre-purple and yellow jersey. Check out the Laundry tag, you will see a few spots of blue stitching on the tag. These jerseys are not cheap when they come up for auction(for other players like Baylor), and I've never seen another jersey like this for Baylor anywhere. He must have worn this jersey many MANY times, as in person, you will see many sweat stains and so on. Not to mention the change they made in jerseys to yellow and purple, and didn't use these blue and whites for too long.

In my personal opinion, and not because I collect Elgin Baylor, his memorabilia cards in this blue and white jersey is one of the most important basketball memorabilia cards in the hobby, if not the most important. Lakers history!
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Thanks for the info on the cards, they are truly beautiful cards. I have just got back into basketball, I have been concentrating on hockey for the past ten years. Living in Canada you are born a hockey fan, it's part of our culture. Been collecting hockey since the late 70's and collected basketball from 1985-1995 but I got a way from it after Jordan retired. I still watch, love and follow basketball but I lost my card passion as no one where I live are into basketball. Tough to keep the same interest level when the only time you get to chat basketball cards is online. I am going to try and pick up some GU cards of Old NBA legends (Wilt, DR J, Oscar, West etc...) and also star players that played through the 80's and 90's (Jordan, Ewing, Bird, Magic, etc). I do collect on a budget so it will be a slow process but I will get there lol. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing more of your card post, hopefully I can show some new additions soon.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(03-17-2016, 07:48 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Thanks for the info on the cards, they are truly beautiful cards. I have just got back into basketball, I have been concentrating on hockey for the past ten years. Living in Canada you are born a hockey fan, it's part of our culture. Been collecting hockey since the late 70's and collected basketball from 1985-1995 but I got a way from it after Jordan retired. I still watch, love and follow basketball but I lost my card passion as no one where I live are into basketball. Tough to keep the same interest level when the only time you get to chat basketball cards is online. I am going to try and pick up some GU cards of Old NBA legends (Wilt, DR J, Oscar, West etc...) and also star players that played through the 80's and 90's (Jordan, Ewing, Bird, Magic, etc). I do collect on a budget so it will be a slow process but I will get there lol. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing more of your card post, hopefully I can show some new additions soon.
You're very welcome, and thank you! It's a whole different world once you come back after so long, huh Smile the hobby has changed a whole lot since the early 90's. For basketball, it all started in 1997-98 when Upper Deck made their first jersey card set, which included Michael Jordan, in which he was featured in his All-Star jersey! With an autographed version numbered to 23! As far as jerseys go... autos started a little before with the famous Magic/Bird dual auto out of 1992 Hoops, and other... the Action Packed ones, 92 Courtside, and so on. Then the numbered RC's in 1998 with Carter rookies, and just the year after in 1999-00 Spx with AUTOGRAPHED rookie cards! Unheard of at the time, and now it's a norm. So yeah, it's changed a lot. A good change though. I enjoy HOF game used cards, and autographs, as well as "plain" cards haha. I can also appreciate the modern cards too. The beauty of this hobby... so much to choose from. I know what you mean about Hockey, as living in Italy when I was younger, it was all about Soccer! I enjoy picking up old Panini 80's and 90's soccer stickers from time to time, but that's about it. My true love is basketball. I like watching baseball sometimes, and football, but never got into the cards. I love basketball from the sport to the cards, I enjoy it very much. Same here, I haven't found one soul into cards lol, so I get my fix online with other collectors haha. That's AWESOME man! Great choice, there's nothing like old school player worn memorabilia cards, imo. I've enjoyed them for many years, and they don't get old. I really look forward to your new additions as you get them in. I will share more cards soon...Thank you very much, and it's great to meet you even if only online. -Giovanni
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk