`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you kidding me Beckett!!!!

RE: Are you kidding me Beckett!!!!
I see a lot of Beckett slamming on the boards, yes they may be a little annoying, well maybe a lot annoying with their sales calls but there is no denying their online product has improved light years over the years.
I remember waiting for the little swirlie thinking icon swirl for 2 minutes just to load a single card. I remember having to log out and back in after loading about 10 cards because the sight would lock up.
The site would crash many times in the evenings due to too much user traffic.

I could go on and on but what the use. The site is much better then it ever has been.
Also, how much easier can it be to search and actually pull up a checklist wit all variations AND sometimes even pictures of the card....and all you have to do is click a box/icon and add it to a collection.
The search options are super easy, sorting a collection is super easy.
Pick a member and search their ORG for what you need , search your collection for what they need. How awesome is that. (Just wish members would do a better job in marking their wants, but thats not a Beckett problem)
Trading functions and the few bucks a month charge have really weeded out deadbeats. Trades sometimes go bad once in a while but for the most part it has reduced the amount of traders which is sad, but increased the level of seriousness of the trader.
Most traders on here are solid members and not only are active, they are helpful. informative and for what can be expected honest in their opinions and trades.

I've been on an uncountable amount of trade sites and groups, Beckett is way easy and way worth its value to link your collection with an online community as well as keeping track of your own collection.

Well said ^^^^.

(02-27-2016, 09:37 AM)dimarco73 Wrote: I see a lot of Beckett slamming on the boards, yes they may be a little annoying, well maybe a lot annoying with their sales calls but there is no denying their online product has improved light years over the years.
I remember waiting for the little swirlie thinking icon swirl for 2 minutes just to load a single card. I remember having to log out and back in after loading about 10 cards because the sight would lock up.

I could go on and on but what the use. The site is much better then it ever has been.
Also, how much easier can it be to search and actually pull up a checklist wit all variations AND sometimes even pictures of the card....and all you have to do is click a box/icon and add it to a collection.
Pick a member and search their ORG for what you need , search your collection for what they need. How awesome is that. (Just wish members would do a better job in marking their wants, but thats not a Beckett problem)
Trading functions and the few bucks a month charge have really weeded out deadbeats. Trades sometimes go bad once in a while but for the most part it has reduced the amount of traders which is sad, but increased the level of seriousness of the trader.
Most traders on here are solid members and not only are active, they are helpful. informative and for what can be expected honest in their opinions and trades.

I've been on an uncountable amount of trade sites and groups, Beckett is way easy and way worth its value to link your collection with an online community as well as keeping track of your own collection.
+1.
I've been through all that too and it's a much more efficient site now. When someone wants for free what I pay to get, I just have to shake my head.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(02-27-2016, 09:37 AM)dimarco73 Wrote: I see a lot of Beckett slamming on the boards, yes they may be a little annoying, well maybe a lot annoying with their sales calls but there is no denying their online product has improved light years over the years.

+1

To me, this falls into a similar category of everyone wanting everything for free these days. This is a service after all.

I've been on this site for a hot minute, I go through small spurts of trading. I usually only buy a month, sometimes 3 months worth of OPG for Baseball, sometimes football, rarely basketball. which will give me the function of using ORG and trading. I remember those days of the terribly glitchy ORG. I'm not sure, but Beckett might owe me for a new laptop that I may have thrown across the room at one point back then. Any how, I do wish the OPG wasn't so expensive especially for someone that has been with them for a long time. Some sort of frequent user discount wouldn't hurt, just saying...

So buck up, pay the few bucks per year or don't and find a "free" site.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

At the time of the initial shift, I was pretty irritated. I was already a paying customer who was frustrated with the crappy org I had paid for. I had my org deleted randomly, it only worked 75% of the time etc...

They have no doubt addressed this issue, and $20 a year is well worth the hassle free trading, not having to create lists, and easy searching for cards I need.

I'm hoping they take it to te next level:
-a trader matching system where they give you a list of active traders who have the highest #of your wants marked for trade
-an option to sort by BV when digging through orgs
-I personally would like some sort of "rc parallel" or "#'d rc" category as well...
-of course, increased board activity would be a plus as well

But those are just icing on the cake for what is now a very serviceable trading site and system

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I like how everyone wants and kinda bash me.

I never knew the trade part had to be paid for. I have paid for subscriptions and traded ect. But there was a lot of times were I don't have the subscription because I'm not has active collecting cards so no need for it. But while I didn have a subscription I was able to trade. I keep this because I told the person I do t have opg at the time and I cant see bv on cards and they would be helpful and honest in out trades still

Also the reason I'm on here? Thanks glad to know I need a purpose to be in this site. I like to browse look at other cards post a few of my own things ect ect. I'm not a heavy user of the site hence my post count and date joined.

But any way I made this post thinking it was just taking away from use because we don't pay , so I apologize.

I also have gone through stuck pages very long loading times all of that jazz. Yes it has improved over the years. Yes they are money hungry still lol. Just my opinion Smile

But thanks to those that explained what happened on this situation instead of going on the defense.

(02-27-2016, 01:48 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: I like how everyone wants and kinda bash me.

I never knew the trade part had to be paid for. I have paid for subscriptions and traded ect. But there was a lot of times were I don't have the subscription because I'm not has active collecting cards so no need for it. But while I didn have a subscription I was able to trade. I keep this because I told the person I do t have opg at the time and I cant see bv on cards and they would be helpful and honest in out trades still

Also the reason I'm on here? Thanks glad to know I need a purpose to be in this site. I like to browse look at other cards post a few of my own things ect ect. I'm not a heavy user of the site hence my post count and date joined.

But any way I made this post thinking it was just taking away from use because we don't pay , so I apologize.

I also have gone through stuck pages very long loading times all of that jazz. Yes it has improved over the years. Yes they are money hungry still lol. Just my opinion Smile

But thanks to those that explained what happened on this situation instead of going on the defense.

Nobody's bashing you bud. I think your just misreading. That why are you on here comment wasn't even directed at you. I certainly don't fault you for accidentally receiving free services.

It's all good man. You were just two years late to the Beckett is making us pay, greedy bastards, bashing party. You didn't kick a dead horse, you dug it up from its grave and kicked its skeleton lol. Smile

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I didn't mean to come of bashing, but looking back at my post, I do apologize as I can see how it does kind of look that way. Didn't mean to bash.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

It's all good no worries guys. I know text can be misread rather then hearing workings and tones lol

And ya guess I did kick that skeleton pretty good lol