`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My favorite MJ 90's Inserts - PSA 10, BGS 9.5-10

My favorite MJ 90's Inserts - PSA 10, BGS 9.5-10
About 6 months ago I decided to go after my favorite MJ 90's inserts in Gem Mint condition i.e. PSA 10, BGS 9.5 - 10. I quickly made a list of my favorites based on design & influence and importance to the hobby. I had to limit the list to 20 or I would've gone on forever. I know I have left out a lot of awesome and important 90's inserts that I would've loved to add but it's my list so what do you want from me? Here is what I have so far:

*Keep in mind I only collect the years MJ was playing so there's nothing after '97-98 (I don't believe his years w/ the Wizards applies).*

Haves -
1. '96 Skybox Z-Force Slam Cam - PSA 10
2. '97 Fleer Thrill Seekers - PSA 10
3. '96 Metal Net-Rageous - PSA 10*
4. '97-98 Skybox Premium Thunder & Lightning - PSA 10*
5. '97-98 Ultra Stars - BGS 9.5*
6. '96-97 Skybox E-X2000 A Cut Above - BGS 9.5*

Have Nots -
7. '93-94 Ultra Scoring Kings (had one of these in PSA 10 but I sold it)*
8. '96 Flair Hot Shots*
9 & 10. '96-97 Skybox Z-Force Big Men on Court*/ BMOC Z-Peat*
11. '96 Skybox Golden Touch
12. '97-98 Metal Universe Platinum Portraits
13. '97 Skybox E-X2001 Jambalaya*
14. '97-98 Ultra Stars Gold*
15. '97-98 Hoops High Voltage #/500
16. '97-98 Finest Gold Atomic Refractor #/74
17. '97-98 Ultra Platinum Medallion #/100
18. '97-98 Upper Deck Game Jersey*
19. '97-98 Star Power Supreme
20. '96-97 Skybox E-X2000 Credentials #/499

* Indicates an all-time favorite of mine

Like I said there's a lot I would've loved to put on here because there were so many awesome inserts in the 90's but these were my favorites off the top of my head. It's going to take me years to get the rest on my "Have Nots" list because not only are they hard to find, but anyone who knows what these cards are know that they are incredibly expensive in Gem Mint condition. Wish me luck.
Tell me what you think of my list. Do you agree/disagree?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: My favorite MJ 90's Inserts - PSA 10, BGS 9.5-10
Very solid list! Out of reach for most Jordan collectors (including myself). I could only hope to get SOME of those cards in any grade lol.

Do you have an mj registry started?

(02-26-2016, 12:57 PM)altz11 Wrote: Very solid list! Out of reach for most Jordan collectors (including myself). I could only hope to get SOME of those cards in any grade lol.

Yes, I have a registry on BGS & PSA but to tell the truth my best MJ stuff isn't listed on there yet. I have several projects going on & I have some incredibly rare stuff. Right now I'm making payments on the '91 Hoops Metal Prototype & the '89 C'AO Muflon Yugoslavian MJ cards, amongst others. I take it you're an MJ collector?

Yeah, I started collecting graded Mj's probably around 5 years ago. I absolutely love the look of many of the 90's inserts. Far more creative than anything produced today. I've actually been on kind of a break from buying Jordan's though, to be honest I've been contemplating selling my collection off and focusing on my other love...vintage rookies and stars! We will see though.

(03-03-2016, 03:03 PM)altz11 Wrote: Yeah, I started collecting graded Mj's probably around 5 years ago. I absolutely love the look of many of the 90's inserts. Far more creative than anything produced today. I've actually been on kind of a break from buying Jordan's though, to be honest I've been contemplating selling my collection off and focusing on my other love...vintage rookies and stars! We will see though.
I totally agree. 90's inserts have so many awesome designs. It's my favorite period to collect. If you end up selling your MJ collection maybe you could keep me in mind. I'm always looking for something good.

(02-26-2016, 12:57 PM)altz11 Wrote: Very solid list! Out of reach for most Jordan collectors (including myself). I could only hope to get SOME of those cards in any grade lol.

Yep I was thinking the same thing lol. Good luck man!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(03-03-2016, 11:25 PM)batemanshouse Wrote: I totally agree. 90's inserts have so many awesome designs. It's my favorite period to collect. If you end up selling your MJ collection maybe you could keep me in mind. I'm always looking for something good.

Will do!

If anyone is looking to sell, I am looking for higher end MJ inserts in BGS 9.5 I will buy or trade.. please let me know.. thanks!

There were certainly a lot of inserts under the name "Michael Jordan". How do you choose favorites? Personally, I like action shots, and if there's any purple on the card (front or back) I like it more.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(06-04-2016, 10:59 AM)jonathani Wrote: There were certainly a lot of inserts under the name "Michael Jordan". How do you choose favorites? Personally, I like action shots, and if there's any purple on the card (front or back) I like it more.

you should check these cards out on ebay then;

97-98 Ultra Star Power Michael Jordan
97-98 Stadium Club Triumvirate #T9B Michael Jordan

The Ultra Star Power is much more affordable but both are great looking cards with purple backgrounds.