`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Stuff Signed Hurt Value

Getting Stuff Signed Hurt Value
I was thinking about taking some of my race used cards, rookie cards and diecasts with me to the Kansas races this year to get signed. Have had good luck over the past 2 years getting other things signed so was wondering what you guys thought if that would hurt the value of the cards or raise it? Beckett has some diecasts values, but is their somewhere to go to find the newer diecasts prices? Thanks

RE: Getting Stuff Signed Hurt Value
(02-17-2016, 08:44 PM)corbins sports cards Wrote: I was thinking about taking some of my race used cards, rookie cards and diecasts with me to the Kansas races this year to get signed. Have had good luck over the past 2 years getting other things signed so was wondering what you guys thought if that would hurt the value of the cards or raise it? Beckett has some diecasts values, but is their somewhere to go to find the newer diecasts prices? Thanks
I would say it depends what you want to do with them. If you want to keep them, get whatever you want signed that will make you happy or add to your collection.

If you plan on re-selling, in-person autos are tough to move because of the inability to verify authenticity.

RE: Getting Stuff Signed Hurt Value
It usually hurts the re-sell value of cards. There are lots of cards for sale online with IP AU's and they usually don't sell or sell for way less than BV. It does help on some 1:24th scale diecasts and actual race-used pieces, especially if you have a picture of the actual signing.
If it's just for your personal collection, do what you want. I prefer to keep my cards the way they were manufactured. However, if I have an extra RC card, I'd love to have it signed by the driver. I wouldn't really bother with having them sign a different card though. JMO about that part.