`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice on Mays card.

Need Advice on Mays card.
I have a Willie Mays 1952 Topps that is NM-MT 8 but it is OC. This was graded by PSA.

PSA quotes this card at 16,500, but OC will take it down some, correct? Any ideas where I could look to guidance to find a value for this card? Or any idea what the value is?

Thanks!

RE: Need Advice on Mays card.
That distinction will drop a cards value about 2 grades, so $2200 would be where your at.

The distinctions are one of the things I hate with PSA, and why I love Beckett's sub-grading system. Having the full grade with the (OC) or (MC) or any other distinction is very misleading with regards to the overall grade and definitely misleading in terms of value.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-13-2016, 02:20 PM)djohn Wrote: The distinctions are one of the things I hate with PSA, and why I love Beckett's sub-grading system. Having the full grade with the (OC) or (MC) or any other distinction is very misleading with regards to the overall grade and definitely misleading in terms of value.
Couldn't have said it better.

I have to agree. I have always hated the OC MC etc PSA uses. I've often wondered why they don't just grade the card as it is without using the qualifiers. I think PSA does it so people see the 8 and not realize how much the qualifiers will drop the value of the card. I think they should have graded this card (for example) as a 6 and left it at that. This is one of the big reasons I do not grade with PSA.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Thank you. This is definitely helpful.

(02-14-2016, 10:20 AM)rubbersoul80 Wrote: Thank you. This is definitely helpful.
Still an absolutely beautiful card. That's one of my all time favorites.