`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball America's Top 100 - Your Thoughts?

Baseball America's Top 100 - Your Thoughts?
Here's the list in case you haven't seen it:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/to...prospects/

A few things that strike me:
1) Five Indians with more to come: Of course the first thing I notice is my tam. Five Indians made the list (Zimmer, Frazier, Aiken, Sheffield and Bradley), and with none of them expected to play a role in Cleveland this year (Zimmer has an outside shot, but 2017 is more likely), the Indians could dominate this list next year as guys like Triston MacKenzie and Juan Hillman could squeak into the 90s with the current guys moving up. Now if only we had another solid MLB OFer, it would be a great time to be an Indians fan!

2) Notables falling off: Surprised to see Archie Bradley fall off, as he was pitching well in MLB until he got hurt. Albert Almora has been solid but not spectacular and he's now off the list. A bunch of other long time top guys like Jameson Taillon, Dylan Bundy, Mark Appel - I guess the shine has faded on some of these guys.

3) Golden Age of SS: 5 of the top 20, 7 of the top 30 are shortstops. With Correa and Lindor having graduated, more great shortstops are on the way. We might be in for another age of A-Rod, Jeter, Nomar etc where many of the best players in the game play one of the most demanding positions on the field.

Anyway, I have more thoughts but just wanted to get some discussion going. Let me know your thoughts on the list...what strikes you? Any surprises, good or bad?
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Baseball America's Top 100 - Your Thoughts?
I'm happy to see 6 Twins on the list, although I'm surprised where three of them fell.

I'm a little surprised to see Joes Berrios not higher on these lists after the numbers he's been putting up - especially considering he's been pretty dominant while being much younger than the league average.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Max Kepler at No. 30. I knew he'd be on here, but I figured anywhere from 50-70. I'm very happy with this.

I'm also surprised to see Nick Gordon in the 50s. Again, I expected him to be on here, but probably about 20 spots lower.

Jay is about where I expected him and it's nice to see Jorge Polanco sneak on there at the bottom.

Buxton will lose prospect status with 2 more ABs and I expect Kepler, Berrios and Polanco to lose their status this year, too. But then the next wave should hop up to join next year - Nick Burdi (if he doesn't lose prospect status this year), Kohl Stewart could reemerge, Stephen Gonsalves, Adam Walker, JT Chargois, Wander Javier ... also a good time to be a Twins fan.
Kepler

So happy to see the Dodger farm getting back to where it was before the McCourt era, two guys that I can't wait to see is Bellinger and Verdugo, both have a lot a talent and Verdugo throws ropes all the time. (If you have time look at video of Verdugo's arm in action during games, absolutely amazing).

Totally agree about this being the next age of Jeter, A-rod, Nomar, etc. I think the number one SS that I can't wait to see in action is Orlando Arcia, he looks like a gem, can field, hit, and run.

I am also surprised with some guys making the list, Drury, Arroyo, Thompson, and Alford. Kind of seems like they left off a few guys who probably deserved more attention. I personally like MLB's list better, but as long as Seager is #1 I am good Smile

Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

The elite ss prospects are already up in the bigs (counting seager as in)... The rest of the rankings are more the love affair they have with the shortstop position. Rodgers, swansby, crawford, turner etc... have a shot to be legit ball players and very good... But nowhere near those two

The best all-around ball player of the bunch is ranked #1 where he should be, and the second best is ranked #40.

Cameron maybin jr. is ranked at #2.

A future home run champ is not listed. He is fat and plays in toronto's system...

Just my two cents

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint