`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Phone Calls

Beckett Phone Calls
Anyone else receiving a ridiculous amount of phone calls from Beckett? Must of called me 4 times today alone and about 8 times total including the weekend, at least they left a message asking to call them back about my account and not just hang up.

Wondering if it is the same sales call trying to get me to bite at one of their ridiculously overpriced Club packages.
$99 for 6 grading submissions and a month of total access, a shirt and a bag.
Who gives a flying deuce about a tshirt and a bag? Charge me over $16 per card submission and give me a month of total access (which I only use baseball anyway and already pay $9 a month for it) which costs them absolutely nothing and call it a discounted Club special savings over some ungodly amount of $146??
How about an offer that actually makes me feel like I am getting something. Burn the tshirt and bag (give them to the Beckett employees instead) offer me 20 grading submissions and give me 1 month free of my choice of online pricing. Then I'll spend $100 and I think a whole lot of other people will too.
Instead they waste countless sales work hours, and annoy customers with endless sales calls for way way waaay overpriced garbage.

And I didn't even mention the Titanium Club special at $600. Are these guys out of their brain? People at this company actually honestly sat a a table and agreed this was a good pricing strategy?

Maybe I am wrong but after 20+ years in sales and marketing, I'm pretty sure no one cares a hoot about a free tshirt, pens, journals, sweatshirts, duffel bags or backpacks. Most people have a closest packed full of this stuff that they would love to unload themselves.

OK, rant over.

RE: Beckett Phone Calls
what is happening to beckett?!?!?!?!

(02-08-2016, 08:18 PM)dimarco73 Wrote: Anyone else receiving a ridiculous amount of phone calls from Beckett? Must of called me 4 times today alone and about 8 times total including the weekend, at least they left a message asking to call them back about my account and not just hang up.

Wondering if it is the same sales call trying to get me to bite at one of their ridiculously overpriced Club packages.
$99 for 6 grading submissions and a month of total access, a shirt and a bag.
Who gives a flying deuce about a tshirt and a bag? Charge me over $16 per card submission and give me a month of total access (which I only use baseball anyway and already pay $9 a month for it) which costs them absolutely nothing and call it a discounted Club special savings over some ungodly amount of $146??
How about an offer that actually makes me feel like I am getting something. Burn the tshirt and bag (give them to the Beckett employees instead) offer me 20 grading submissions and give me 1 month free of my choice of online pricing. Then I'll spend $100 and I think a whole lot of other people will too.
Instead they waste countless sales work hours, and annoy customers with endless sales calls for way way waaay overpriced garbage.

And I didn't even mention the Titanium Club special at $600. Are these guys out of their brain? People at this company actually honestly sat a a table and agreed this was a good pricing strategy?

Maybe I am wrong but after 20+ years in sales and marketing, I'm pretty sure no one cares a hoot about a free tshirt, pens, journals, sweatshirts, duffel bags or backpacks. Most people have a closest packed full of this stuff that they would love to unload themselves.

OK, rant over.
The one I keep getting is the "free month" if I re-up my online OPG early. The deal is that if I re-up my early then I won't be charged for my next OPG until 13 months from now instead of 12... Ok so you delay taking my cash by a month. GREAT DEAL!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I keep on getting the same calls from them. Getting tired of it and am thinking of adding them to my block phone number list.....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I received 1 call within my first week back. Politely said no.

Then an email - I told them I wasn't interested and to not contact me about sales things.

Then ANOTHER call. During that call, I frankly said that I have the Beckett services I need and would prefer not to be contacted by the sales team again. Hasn't happened since.

Just tell them flat out not to contact you anymore and to remove you from their sales list. If they persist, they're actually violating the law. lol
Collecting:
Always open to prospect AUs. If leaving an Open Offer for a scarce card, please mention a valuation. Smile

MLB - Nolan Ryan, Griffey Jr., Trout, Kris Bryant
NBA - LeBron, Jordan
NFL - Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys

Whenever my subscription expires I have had the same thing happen, so I just changed the phone number I have listed and now I don't get anymore calls. However I do feel a little bad for whoever has the random number that I used.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I used to get them. Then they stopped for a while. Then I add a football and a hockey opg for one month because I have some older football and hockey cards I wan to get rid of. I only added them for one month so I could see what these cards were worth. Then I will let them expire and only be back to baseball again. It seems they want me to bundle the three opg's to get a better price, but I only deal in baseball so I don't need the other two.

My favorite is when they try to tell you that you are a VIP subscriber and have qualified for certain discounts. You can then go to the site and see that everybody gets the same discount (I log off and check the site to what the prices are for subscription) When I pointed it out to my "rep" that anybody can get that "discount" he kind of chuckled and said, yes this is true. I then asked what I get for being a VIP, and it was a bunch more discounts that, you guessed it, everybody else can get too! It was laughable and yet, not surprising. There isn't a company in this business that isn't trying to squeeze water from a stone these days. If they aren't devaluing the product by mass producing, they are decreasing the quality of an item outright. Now they are using telemarketing and false claims of VIP status....ridiculous.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

"Congratulations! You're a vintage customer!"
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

lol my phone just rang... "Jason" sorry I won't be calling you back! Think I even need to reduce my business as I don't even really use the football, basketball, MMA, and other stuff very often as I'm not doing shows on a regular basis anymore.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace