`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$300 to spend on Kris Bryant?

RE: $300 to spend on Kris Bryant?
(02-06-2016, 07:59 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: What parallel did you snag?
2014 Bowman Draft Orange Ice /25

(02-06-2016, 08:07 PM)cubhawk49 Wrote: 2014 Bowman Draft Orange Ice /25
Nice. I love initially overlooked parallels. I try to get rarer bowman chrome refractors, bowman sterling refractors and stuff like Topps Blacks while everyone is hung up on getting the prospect and rc auto's.

With one pro season under his belt, Bryant has 1,500 cards available, and 42% are autographed. Logic says you should get one cheap because there are so many out there. Just ignore Beckett's inflated prices.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Sorry guys. I'm new to baseball. I'm so confused as to what is his "rookie" card. I see 2015 product that says rookie on it. Can someone explain how that works in baseball? thanks

(02-07-2016, 01:29 AM)JoeAdam Wrote: Sorry guys. I'm new to baseball. I'm so confused as to what is his "rookie" card. I see 2015 product that says rookie on it. Can someone explain how that works in baseball? thanks
In order to be classified as a rc you need to accumulate at least 130 at bats, 50 innings pitched or have accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster during the 25 man roster time period in one season. What we have in the baseball market now (a huge part of it), is the prospect market. There are products released now dedicated solely to prospects. There may be players you've seen or heard of playing in the majors but unless they met or exceeded the standards I mentioned, they are still considered prospects. So, while in the past the rc card was the most sought after, the more desirable or valuable cards are generally a player's prospect auto's and rarities. This isn't to say that rc cards don't still carry serious weight because they certainly do but any player's first MLB licensed card tends to be more valuable because it could come out years before his rc card. Some of these prospects are good enough to get signed by a major league team and start having cards made right out of high school.