`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizing

Organizing
I love the online set tracking the site makes available, but now it's time to put these cards into boxes as well. In the mid to late 2000's, I had decided to box by player last name, alphabetically and sequential by year. In doing so, seeing what I have by player is more convenient, but horrid for looking by set. In recent breaks, I'm enjoying putting the break pulls in order numerically and thinking I may just want to box by product. There's obvious pros and cons to sorting by set and player, but I'm at a bad crossroads of just picking one method and sticking with it.

What's the community's input?

RE: Organizing
I correlate everything by year and set, the same manner that Beckett does if you look up a set. Very rarely do I separate by player. The only exception to that at the moment is my Dustin Pedroia PC and what I have for trade of Mike Trout and Kris Bryant.

For me, I am a player collector and only buy the Topps factory set each year. I collect more than 100 different players and have binders for each, often two and sometimes more binders of each player. All of my other cards are in boxes divided by year and then set with the players alphabetically. I keep my more valuable cards in a large fireproof safe.

My system works for me. I can find any particular card of any player very quickly. If I were a set collector I might take a different approach but to each his own really. Whatever YOU like.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

To each his own. No matter what you do, depending on what is asked for in a trade, it may be difficult to pull. I have mostly by year/set and when I have to pull a specific player it is more time consuming but not terrible. Either way the ORG can be set up to handle. Good luck.

zeprock -- can i hire you to organize my cards?
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.