`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Made a Display Case

I Made a Display Case
I've almost run out of room in my cardboard box to store my cards. Before I bought more I started thinking about displaying my cards.

I came up with the idea to use an old wooden box/case that previously was used for a case of wine.

[Image: 20160128_194521_zpslfujrta4.jpg]

I took the top (with the Chappelle marking on it) and sliced a long sliver off so the shelves would fit in the box. Then I cut two shelves. Drilled some holes in the side, used some shelf pins I had lying around and

Voila!

[Image: 20160128_204700_zpssxba1uxn.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
Seeking Capitals and Redskins AU and GU.

RE: I Made a Display Case
Simple, yet elegant. Very nice!

Randi

(01-28-2016, 09:02 PM)rayeates Wrote: Simple, yet elegant. Very nice!

Randi
Thanks, Randi

Very nice!!!

Looks great!
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Looks great

I like the look of this. I am trying to come up with a solution for cardboard box stacking issue. I want to do a cabinet that will allow for one box per shelf without breaking the bank to do so. I was thinking floor to ceiling wood bookcases with slots for single boxes. I have not found anything online that fits this criteria and custom built would cost a ton. I am now thinking about trying my hand at it but being an accountant and no woodworking experience I am hesitant.

[Image: B495C8AD-342E-4898-8A67-2F9787413CD3_zpsbsh8digm.jpg]

(01-30-2016, 10:58 AM)mnahoom1 Wrote: I like the look of this. I am trying to come up with a solution for cardboard box stacking issue. I want to do a cabinet that will allow for one box per shelf without breaking the bank to do so. I was thinking floor to ceiling wood bookcases with slots for single boxes. I have not found anything online that fits this criteria and custom built would cost a ton. I am now thinking about trying my hand at it but being an accountant and no woodworking experience I am hesitant.

[Image: B495C8AD-342E-4898-8A67-2F9787413CD3_zpsbsh8digm.jpg]
Wow you have so many more cards than I! Have you searched for modular storage ideas? I'm thinking something where you buy individual units and assemble them as needed? Due to the weight of a full box like that, you have to be careful with bookshelves bowing/sagging in the middle over time.

Is there a reason you are moving away from the storage solution you are using now? Looks like it works...

Sure beats the milk crates I used to store books in during University days Smile. Nice Job!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!