`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Custom framed Shawn Kemp/Gary Payton poster signed!

Custom framed Shawn Kemp/Gary Payton poster signed!
Hey guys,

Wanted to show off a Christmas present I bought for myself about a month ago.

Had this poster hanging in my dorm room in college and got it signed in person about 4 years ago. It has been quietly rolled up in a poster tube since and wanted to give it a proper treatment.

The cost of the framing was a little more than I wanted to spend but it's worth it! The museum glass prevents the print and autographs from fading and reduces glare and reflections immensely.

Enjoy fellow collectors!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: Custom framed Shawn Kemp/Gary Payton poster signed!
The framing looks awesome. I have so many great items that need framing, but every time I look into the cost of doing it I just can't justify framing them. I guess if I had more wall space to display everything at once then I might be more tempted. As it is I have a bunch of framed jerseys and photos that are piled against the wall, waiting for their turn in the rotation.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

This framing cost nearly $500 for everything. The museum glass was nearly $200 alone because of the size. It's a full sized poster!

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

That is awesome! picture doesn't do the poster size justice. how did you get the autographs 4 years ago, were that at a signing event?

Hopefully this picture gives a better perspective on the size.

I leaned it up against a closet door. takes up over half of it and is about 6 inches wider!

Note the dates on the autograph tickets. That was 4 years ago!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Man ,that looks nice! I live very close to Mill Creek and recently have started going to the Hawks signings. I am bummed though because when I first got their emails I never thought of going to a signing even though they had players like GP, Kemp, Magic, etc. I am kicking myself now because I could have got some great autos and met the players. Now they tend to focus on football and havent had a basketball player in a while. Great idae to get it framed. I am not sure if it is just for jerseys but Mill Creek will frame a jersey for $300. Just an idea if you want to get something else framed in the future.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(01-27-2016, 03:02 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Man ,that looks nice! I live very close to Mill Creek and recently have started going to the Hawks signings. I am bummed though because when I first got their emails I never thought of going to a signing even though they had players like GP, Kemp, Magic, etc. I am kicking myself now because I could have got some great autos and met the players. Now they tend to focus on football and havent had a basketball player in a while. Great idae to get it framed. I am not sure if it is just for jerseys but Mill Creek will frame a jersey for $300. Just an idea if you want to get something else framed in the future.
It has been forever since they had a baseball HOFer in the shop to sign. I'm not into Seahawks at all.

Over the past 15 years I'd say the nicest people I've met were Brooks Robinson and Ernie Banks hands down. Rollie Fingers talked to me for a few minutes about the Perez-Steele HOF Postcard he signed for me. He seemed to know a lot about them.

I need George Brett!

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Frame cost aside, I think that was a wise investment and thing to do. Great poster and awesome that you got them both to sign it. I think it's cool you kept the admission tickets too. The Glove and The Reign Man, two of the most iconic Sonics players, IMO. Boy, I miss that franchise. Sick poster!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(01-31-2016, 05:36 PM)vgqv Wrote: Frame cost aside, I think that was a wise investment and thing to do. Great poster and awesome that you got them both to sign it. I think it's cool you kept the admission tickets too. The Glove and The Reign Man, two of the most iconic Sonics players, IMO. Boy, I miss that franchise. Sick poster!

AGREE AGREE AGREE, coulnt have said it better. Congrats to the owner!
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/