`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World champions set vs team set vs base set.
Rainbow 
World champions set vs team set vs base set.
I am collecting the topps sets from 2010-2015 and was wondering if there are world series sets for all of these years? I have seen the world series sets from the 2010 and 2011 winners but not for the 2012-2015 winners. Do they exist? Are the photographs used for the world series sets different from the base set and team set or are the all the same or are they the same for two of the sets but not the other one.

RE: World champions set vs team set vs base set.
(01-25-2016, 03:00 AM)ckrakowski Wrote: I am collecting the topps sets from 2010-2015 and was wondering if there are world series sets for all of these years? I have seen the world series sets from the 2010 and 2011 winners but not for the 2012-2015 winners. Do they exist? Are the photographs used for the world series sets different from the base set and team set or are the all the same or are they the same for two of the sets but not the other one.
I'm sorry, but I can't help you. Maybe my response will bump this up to someone who can.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I don't know about previous years, but I can't remember seeing any. I do know that Topps cancelled this year's set as soon as the Royals won, probably because they figured KC was too small a market to support a set. If the Mets had won, I'm sure the set would have been made.

Cheers,

The Topps base set and team sets have the same pictures (though team sets may have a mascot and/or stadium card included). The numbering on the back of the card is different. Like KPRROK, aware of Topps pulling the Royals after a press release saying they would be producing a WS winner set for 2015. I think there were WS sets produced, but not positive for the years your looking for.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.