`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Picked up another piece of Alstott gold!!

Picked up another piece of Alstott gold!!
This card has long been on my most wanted list. Even though it is #'d to 40 it has proven elusive. Perhaps being 18 years old has something to do with it.

Anyway, here it is--the 1998 Player's Ink Gold...along with a few other recent pick-ups.

Thanks for looking!

#/50

#/50

#/49

#/29

#/25

#/5

IPA done in white Sharpie. Pretty cool!

I have no idea what this is. A guy had it in a lot with other Bucs from the same set. The card measures about 7x9. It was released in 2006 by Coca-Cola, I'm guessing as a local thing. The back of each card features a Bucs cheerleader. A pretty unique card.

Auto sets...

Quad sets...

#/10

Other random stuff...

#/10

"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: Picked up another piece of Alstott gold!!
Great additions.

I have a unique Alstott if you want it.

2002 Fleer Showcase without the name.

[Image: IMG_20151107_174516937_zpsizgevoep.jpg]
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Nice stuff! Some of those patches are nasty!

Thanks guys!
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

So dope of a collection man!! What made that SPA "on card" auto so special to you to be on your want list? Also, do you plan on sending that IPA to JSA? Sweet stuff! Congrats & thanks for sharing!!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Alstott was a machine. Even though he was the enemy (being a Packer fan) - that guy is on a short list of tough "grinder" RBs - Rathman, and Moose Johnson come to mind. I'm sure that was a hard card to track down- If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay$ - was it auction, BIN, or best offer? Thanks, Sean

(01-21-2016, 09:25 AM)pudge27t Wrote: So dope of a collection man!! What made that SPA "on card" auto so special to you to be on your want list? Also, do you plan on sending that IPA to JSA? Sweet stuff! Congrats & thanks for sharing!!
Back when I first started getting interested in Alstott cards (around 2000), Player's Ink Gold was one of those extreme pieces. Card companies still had not gone completely insane, so getting one of these was a big deal. I left the hobby shortly thereafter, and stayed away until about 2013, but I never forgot abut this card. I have only seen it twice since returning; missed the first one, and this is the second. It was like Christmas morning when it arrived. Definitely one of my favorite pieces.
(01-21-2016, 05:50 PM)hemipowered Wrote: Alstott was a machine. Even though he was the enemy (being a Packer fan) - that guy is on a short list of tough "grinder" RBs - Rathman, and Moose Johnson come to mind. I'm sure that was a hard card to track down- If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay$ - was it auction, BIN, or best offer? Thanks, Sean
Thanks for your comments! I felt like I got a pretty good deal at $40 delivered on a BIN, but I really don't have anything to compare it to. I can't remember what the last one went for so I was just going off what I was willing to pay.

Nice cards! I was just talking to someone the other day about how the fullback position is a lost art these days...

(01-22-2016, 02:20 AM)slufan83 Wrote: Nice cards! I was just talking to someone the other day about how the fullback position is a lost art these days...
DUDE! I was just thinking about this the other day! Where have all the bruisers gone? The guys who made you pay for each and every tackle. I would love to see some of that return to the game.