`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RANT: Shipping increase...Thanks for the 27% increase!

RE: RANT: Shipping increase...Thanks for the 27% increase!
(01-21-2016, 03:26 PM)jonathani Wrote: It takes ten years for oil to be turned into gas. Oil and gas prices have nothing factual to do with each other.
I think you need to fact check that claim...
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(01-21-2016, 03:26 PM)jonathani Wrote: It takes ten years for oil to be turned into gas. Oil and gas prices have nothing factual to do with each other.
Umm...friendly neighborhood geologist here...on average, from out of the ground, pipeline/truck to refinery, settling, into product, then out to the stations...typically would be 3-4 weeks?? Sometimes faster...sometimes slower depending on locations/refineries.

So yes, some lag, but no where near 10yrs!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(01-21-2016, 09:59 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: I think you need to fact check that claim...
I did. My brother sells both ends of it. It's his job to know the whole process so he can make money. It's funny how much he makes from people that don't know how it works and think that an oil refinery blowing up in the Middle East actually means something here. Do you know how much of our imported oil comes from the Middle East? Less than 5%. Over 90% of it comes from Canada and Mexico, and they like us (as does almost every country in the Middle East).
(01-22-2016, 01:38 AM)odditycards Wrote: Umm...friendly neighborhood geologist here...on average, from out of the ground, pipeline/truck to refinery, settling, into product, then out to the stations...typically would be 3-4 weeks?? Sometimes faster...sometimes slower depending on locations/refineries.

So yes, some lag, but no where near 10yrs!
Yes, it could be done that fast, and we even have the technology for it. If you follow it from ground to gas station, however, it takes quite a while. If it was done that fast, people like my brother wouldn't make any money. Supply and demand.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.