`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 Jordan Test Refractor PSA or BGS?

1995 Jordan Test Refractor PSA or BGS?
I have a Michael Jordan 1995 Finest Mystery orange border test refractor graded a PSA 10. I am thinking of sending it in to BGS to get it graded by them. I have some concerns though. I have heard BGS grades a lot harder than PSA, and I don't want it to lose its value due to a lower grade. How often do PSA 10's get graded below a BGS 9.5? Also, is a BGS 9.5 worth more or less than a PSA 10? I would really like to take the chance of getting BGS 10, simply because the pop is at 0 right now, I just do not know how much risk/reward there is. To be honest, I really do not know how much the card is worth right now being a PSA 10. Anyone have any idea? Do you guys think I should submit it to BGS, or keep it a PSA 10?

RE: 1995 Jordan Test Refractor PSA or BGS?
You can submit it to BGS and set a minimum grade of 10 and if card does not reach that the card is returned to you in PSA case.

Oh ok, so is a BGS 9.5 as good as a PSA 10?

(01-12-2016, 10:34 PM)sonic311 Wrote: You can submit it to BGS and set a minimum grade of 10 and if card does not reach that the card is returned to you in PSA case.
How can they grade it prior to removing> I would rather have 9.5 BGS than PSA 10 personally.

I am not sure the resell value, but would rather have in the PC as 9.5 BGS
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

I would love to have a BGS 9.5 of this in my collection!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

I would just keep it as a PSA 10. To me lately BGS has become very sketchy. So many collectors have been bragging in all sorts of groups how they resubmit their BGS 8.5 or 9 and it comes back as a 9.5. It just hurts their legitimacy. In my opinion, it depends on the person grading the card. That is how all this discrepancies in BGS have come to surface. What I believe BGS should start doing is start recording the serial numbers of the newer cards they are grading since most are serial numbered. So that way, if it ever comes up for grading again, they can say, hmmmm..this has been graded already and BAM, slab it with the same grade. Something like that would bring their legitimacy back in my opinion.

Wow I didn't realize that they had developed that sort of reputation.

You shouldn't lose your value due to a lower grade if Beckett does grade "harder".
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-15-2016, 02:29 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: I would just keep it as a PSA 10. To me lately BGS has become very sketchy. So many collectors have been bragging in all sorts of groups how they resubmit their BGS 8.5 or 9 and it comes back as a 9.5. It just hurts their legitimacy. In my opinion, it depends on the person grading the card. That is how all this discrepancies in BGS have come to surface. What I believe BGS should start doing is start recording the serial numbers of the newer cards they are grading since most are serial numbered. So that way, if it ever comes up for grading again, they can say, hmmmm..this has been graded already and BAM, slab it with the same grade. Something like that would bring their legitimacy back in my opinion.
I agree with most of this! However PSA does the same thing right?

A BGS 9.5 seems a lot easier to get than it used to be.
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

(01-16-2016, 03:22 AM)bryandwells1 Wrote: I agree with most of this! However PSA does the same thing right?

A BGS 9.5 seems a lot easier to get than it used to be.
I don't know Bryan, I would assume collectors also would do the same with PSA. I guess because collectors' consider BGS the holy grail, these examples surface more and more. I have seen more collectors go brag about resubmitting BGS than PSA. Actually I have never seen anyone brag about resubmitting a PSA card...lol! If you have, than I guess they do it with PSA too.

I guess that is also my point. Why risk getting a 9 with BGS when you have an awesome 10 with PSA?