`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
courtesy / trade ediquite question

courtesy / trade ediquite question
Involved in a trade that went back into late November for over 10 cards a piece. It was all ready to go, so I sent back the agreed counter offer and now the other person has stopped corresponding. You can see the last date signed on, and that was yesterday. The person is a pretty respected trader and I've dealt with before. Has very close to a 5.00 score. So, how long do I wait? I understand that things come up, but is it that difficult to leave a one line comment saying , I need time or something like that?? Some feedback would be nice. Also, some idea of how long I let the trade sit, holding up 11 of my cards. Hope everyone is having a great 2016 and have a great day tomorrow!!!! - Joe

RE: courtesy / trade ediquite question
Possible the subscription ran out and he cannot access the trade anymore? Was the trade accepted or is it still in limbo?
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

Your best bet is to post a polite question with the traders name in a thread. Not to call them out but maybe draw attention to it.

You might not be comfortable doing that though but if done correctly it should be fine.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Private messaging also works well when someone's not answering, it's like they've been saying, if a member doesn't have the Organize set up or a subscription, you can send offers and messages through the trade tool, and they'll probably receive e-mail notification of it, but they can't reply.

While on that though, if I had the org shut down and let my subscription lapse, and then saw a ton of notifications come through, I'd probably post a thread about it or PM anyone that was sending offers and messages to let them know.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

We had been corresponding in the trade. It's not like it was a trade that had been sitting. At first, I thought it was an issue of me sending first, which I don't mind doing in certain circumstances. I made a change that he requested and sent back for him to accept the offer and that was it. No more messages, yet I can see that he logged in on January 7. I can't private message him because he has it turned off. Like I said, I've dealt with him before and he's been around for andcceptround while. I want to give the benefit of the doubt, but I'm getting impatient. Just andcceptround little courtesy, that's all I want. I think I may just cancel the trade and then try to find some of the stuff elsewhere. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Have a great day!!!

I may be wrong but I don't think you can turn of PMs. Don't try and do it through his profile page though, that one will never work lol find a post of his and hit the PM button in a thread, should go right through
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(01-11-2016, 06:44 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I may be wrong but I don't think you can turn of PMs. Don't try and do it through his profile page though, that one will never work lol find a post of his and hit the PM button in a thread, should go right through
Great, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. Have a great day!! -Joe

I think some users are just slow at responding with other things in life going on. I know I just completed a trade with a user that I sent like 2 weeks ago or more.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I'll get used to it, I'm sure. Coming from Facebook to here is a big difference, but I would much rather trade here or even buy on eBay. I still like ebay the best, overall, because you can get things well under BV. Here, you are guided toward trading at full BV. And then there is the issue with some people making their cards mint, instead of the default. I only vary from the default if it is graded. However, I was given a reasonable explaination by someone that I had traded with. If the cards I pick from him are marked mint, he will make his side of the trade lower to compensate. That makes sense. But there is one person who wouldn't do that and when I asked if they were graded he told me no, but I think it's mint. LoL. I think some of mine are mint too, but I don't alter the grade to get a higher trade value. Such is life. I hope everyone has a great night and please, feel free to send me trade requests with those Gaudreau's and Gostisbehere's!!!! - Joe