`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Griffey and Piazza, sorry to the rest

Congrats to Griffey and Piazza, sorry to the rest
I was really hoping to see more than just Piazza and Griffey make it in. Amazed that Griffey got on just over 99% of ballots (only missed 3 votes). I am sad to see that Tim Raines didn't make it in, similarly I was hoping Bagwell would make it as well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Congrats to Griffey and Piazza, sorry to the rest
(01-06-2016, 06:06 PM)djohn Wrote: I was really hoping to see more than just Piazza and Griffey make it in. Amazed that Griffey got on just over 99% of ballots (only missed 3 votes). I am sad to see that Tim Raines didn't make it in, similarly I was hoping Bagwell would make it as well.
I cannot wait to hear why the three left him off their ballots. Raines and Bagwell with Hoffman next year in my opinion.

Here is a full list of totals for players that got any votes.
Ken Griffey Jr. - 99.3 percent
Mike Piazza - 83.0 percent

Jeff Bagwell - 71.6 percent
Tim Raines - 69.8 percent
Trevor Hoffman - 67.3 percent
Curt Schilling - 52.3 percent
Roger Clemens - 45.2 percent
Barry Bonds - 44.3 percent
Edgar Martinez - 43.4 percent
Mike Mussina - 43.0 percent
Adam Trammell - 40.9 percent
Lee Smith - 34.1 percent
Fred McGriff - 20.9 percent
Jeff Kent - 16.6 percent
Larry Walker - 15.5 percent
Mark McGwire - 12.3 percent
Gary Sheffield - 11.6 percent
Billy Wagner - 10.5 percent
Sammy Sosa - 7.0 percent
Jim Edmonds - 2.5 percent
Nomar Garciaparra - 1.8 percent
Mike Sweeney - 0.7 percent
David Eckstein - 0.5 percent
Jason Kendall - 0.5 percent
Garrett Anderson - 0.2 percent
(01-06-2016, 06:28 PM)garrisc Wrote: I cannot wait to hear why the three left him off their ballots. Raines and Bagwell with Hoffman next year in my opinion.
My guess is that they were either completely blank ballots or no homerun hitters(protest of steroids era). Alternately someone may have wanted to vote for more than 10 people, and figured Griffey wouldn't need their vote so they used it for someone else.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Pretty simple why he didn't get 100% - just like bunting to break up a no-hitter, retaliatory hit batsman and not stepping on the mound if you're not a pitcher ... it's one of baseball's stupid unwritten rules.
"If Babe and Mickey aren't unanimous, ain't nobody unanimous."

That said, I'm OK with this class - Griff and Piazza in, Bonds and Clemens not. Although, I can't say I'm pleased about Raines inching closer ... nothing about his numbers or the games I watched him play screamed HOF.
Kepler

Congrats to them both. I thought Bagwell was going to make it this year but most likely next and I pulling for Raines. They really need to change the election process because the fact that David Eckstein was on the ballot let alone got a vote is rather crazy.

(01-06-2016, 06:34 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: That said, I'm OK with this class - Griff and Piazza in, Bonds and Clemens not. Although, I can't say I'm pleased about Raines inching closer ... nothing about his numbers or the games I watched him play screamed HOF.
Raines was one of the best players in the 80s. He was a constant .300 hitter and was always a stolen base threat when he was on. If it wasn't for Rickey Henderson playing at the same time, Raines would get a lot more attention. However I also wonder if Vince Coleman hadn't fallen into so much trouble with the Mets if he wouldn't be the current stolen base record holder. But that's a whole other discussion.

Awesome, two more players RC's to add to my list of needs.

Congrats to Griffey for making history and to Piazza for joining him in the 2016 class.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

I'm pleased Griffey got the most votes. The only person in my mind who can dethrone him is maybe Jeter.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

Congrats to both. Those 3 missed votes are honestly nonsense. Whomever didn't vote did it on purpose I'm sure of it. Also Piazzas homer after 9/11 is a top 5 home run of all time.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(01-06-2016, 07:40 PM)crossada Wrote: I'm pleased Griffey got the most votes. The only person in my mind who can dethrone him is maybe Jeter.
I can agree with that. My wife mentioned Chipper earlier as the same team aspect but as much as I'd like it I told her no. I did not even think about Jeter during that convo but yes I could see that.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)